Cabin Lamps.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I bought a cheap brass oil lamp (and some lamp oil, IIRC) when i bought my first non-dinghy boat. Unfortunately, the boat was too small to have anywhere practical and safe to mount said lamp. As the case with all my subsequent boats, with the possible exception of my most recent one. Typically, in a small boat, anywhere it could be mounted would impinge too much on sitting or manoeuvring space, be too close to something flammable (including headlining), or wouldn't shine anywhere useful.

I've been carting round that lamp for decades, through numerous house moves, UK and abroad. The glass got broken in storage or a removal, and I bought a replacement, also now decades ago, that sort of fits but isn't quite as elegant as the original. The lamp is somewhere in the depths of one of two sheds (probably - I haven't seen it in a while). If it ever resurfaces I shall consider whether it might fit in the current boat.

So I'm not offering it, but wish you well in your endeavour.

gavin400

Visit site
I have a gimballed oil lamp - the glass cover is missing but these can still be purchased

If you are interested drop me a pm and I can send photos