Brittany marina prices

Robin

Visit site
That's my experience: 10 mins in l'Aber Wrac'h in July last year and my friend, rafted onto me at the time, received an unseemly demand for €28 for a buoy which, to my amazement, he paid. After making the mistake of asking, he was told in no uncertain terms that anchoring in the river was forbidden, despite 2 other boats clearly anchored slightly down river of the fairway buoy.

We once anchored just upriver of the moorings in L'Aberwrac'h only to have the HM yoof in launch tell us we 'cannot anchor in 'his marina' and why did we want to as there were 'many free mooring buoys' I explained the buoys may be unoccupied but they were not 'free'. We moved all of 25 yards and re anchored which he approved and zoomed off. There was another spot we used at neaps near the Lifeboat shore station, not enough water at LW springs mind and noisy at night if the sailing school disco got going but IIRC a nice guy came every morning with bread and croissants for sale, he didn't serve the outer moorings and place we anchored

We did a 5-6week Brittany tour every year for over 20 years and could get by on about 60 squids in total for moorings, most of it paid in Dartmouth en route iover or St Peter port on route home to Poole. We anchored wherever we could and 'went in' every 6-7 days to restock with food andwater, do a quick laundry and if needed top up the battery charge ( we had big solar panels and a wind generator that covered most of everything most of the time) If we went in for restocking we timed our arrival to coincide with the locals going out so plenty of berths free. we timed our departure late afternoon allowing maximum bang for the buck whilst being there for just one night's fee. too many anchorages to list, but recommend the French Pilotes Cotieres Pilot guides, in easy to read French, with pics too.

Last edited:

dslittle

Visit site
Get a 4 month contract including 2 summer months in Arzal (the cheapest marina in the area) and you you can get a Passeport Escale:

https://www.passeportescales.com/fr/

which will give you free marina access almost everywhere between La Rochelle and Cherbourg (Max 2 nights consecutive stay). Total cost of contract + passeport is ~1000 Euro = 10E/ night over 4 months.

https://www.passeportescales.com/fr...es/info-arzal-camoel/326-offres-mensuel-arzal

Although it might be a bit late for the OP, following on from this thread, we took out an Annual Contract at Arzal (well Annual next year but pro rata from May this year). The Passeporte Escales was very important to us as we will be travelling down the coast from Brittany and I want to use the extensive free nights en route. I have been told that I will not be turned away so I hope that this will give me a cheaper passage down. As an aside I now need to return to the UK in July (read EXPENSIVE in France). I will just put my boat onto it's mooring (mid river pontoon) and come back at no extra cost. Win win

Toutvabien

Visit site
Does anybody know of S Brittany marinas with space for an 11.5x3.85 metre yacht?

We are on the waiting list for La Rochelle, but still some way from the top of it.

Prasutigus

Visit site
Lorient is worth a butcher's, I overwintered there a couple of years ago, in the very centre of town, and the rates were low and even then they went down with a friendly chat. The monthly rates were very low, probly what you'd pay just for 240v in the Solent etc..
Free leccy, nice folk, not the slightest issue with living on board, umpteen yachty facilities and a good football match especially when Marseilles come for an away game..