Breathing bottle

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
When we used to go diving we carried one of these (or similar) in our stab jackets as an extra safety. We filled them from our main cylinders.
I have used them for a bit of snorkeling fun but you only have about 30 breaths from what I remember then of course nothing. My friend said he had a shooting pain going through his head when he ran out
BE CAREFUL

Bouba

Visit site
I’ll add that you may have problems getting it filled by UK dive clubs. The cylinders will have to be certified and the dive club guys may not be too keen if you have no diving qualifications
In this offering it includes a hand pump that fills the bottle

Daydream believer

Visit site
Filling from a diving cylinder would give it about 2500psi. I wonder what the hand pump gives and how long to achieve a reasonable pressure. Of course a direct relationship to number of breaths
The description says max 200 bar ( which is 2800psi) & breathing time of 5-8 minutes.Filling is done using the supplied manual pump which is meant to achieve that target. It take 15 minutes of pumping though.

jfm

Visit site
I’ve used those for years. Very good.
It’s a Chinese thing sold white label and many manufacturers re brand it (eg Spare Air, DiDeep, etc).
The manual pump is pure comedy - throw it in the bin. I would get a yellow or lime green cylinder not black because guests & kids drop them and it’s much easier to find them in the sea grass if a bright colour.