Bought a Never splashed Colvic Countess 33 on eBay, Looking for infos

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
Re: Oddity project status.

Let's get you doing some boatbuilding and away from the drawing board.

Looking at the drawings and your pictures, I think that you may be able to drop the shoe off the skeg and get the rudder out without lifting the boat. The designer may have considered it, and you have blocks under the keel which will help.

GregOddity

Mermaid hunting in Antartica. No luck so far.
Visit site

Let's get you doing some boatbuilding and away from the drawing board.

Looking at the drawings and your pictures, I think that you may be able to drop the shoe off the skeg and get the rudder out without lifting the boat. The designer may have considered it, and you have blocks under the keel which will help.

You may very well be right. I was just looking over at the pics to see if I can get a sense how long is the shaft and how far does it go up into the hull.

on0znqN.jpg

This is the rudder shaft inside it does come up quite a bit, but may actually not be as bad as I initially thought.

87p84MC.jpg

Spyro

Visit site

You may very well be right. I was just looking over at the pics to see if I can get a sense how long is the shaft and how far does it go up into the hull.

on0znqN.jpg

This is the rudder shaft inside it does come up quite a bit, but may actually not be as bad as I initially thought.

87p84MC.jpg

You might just be lucky there as it isn't a long shaft that goes all the way up through the transom.

GregOddity

Visit site

You might just be lucky there as it isn't a long shaft that goes all the way up through the transom.

I'm going to try and measure it today, I think I will have to dig but not much. 10 to 20 cm. I can tell where the top stringer is and the shaft stops just more at less at that height. Leaves a bit of the shaft in when I drop it. Not as much as I thought.

GregOddity

Visit site

I guess you're planning it so you can still remove the tanks after you've built the rest...

Very much so, the original plans are not very clear on that and have a number of items that at first look trap the tanks, I don't partake in that view. I want access at all times if need arises. Without having to dismantle half the boat.

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com

I tried with my hammer and that ground is rock hard and full of stones and I don’t mean shingle. They may allow me but I'm considering waiting until I have to move it for some reason. I will have to cut a bit into it on the bottom as there is a bit that needs a proper inspection inside. Not a too much trouble kinda of thing but very boring on account of having to come off. silly me. There was someone there that called my attention to it… as the boat was already on the stands.
Just one of those things that slips by and makes “sailing” so much fun
Haa forgot, I also have to repair a factory repair on the half skeg, void area. Drilled into it on Survey.

I've finished with the one I dug. You can have it for free but you will have to collect.

GregOddity

Visit site

ronsurf

Visit site
Thank you all for the websites and advice. Please keep them coming as the more choice we have the better. Greg is recovering from a tangle with climbing ropes. cos he doesnt like the price of Maritime Lines. Personally, besides price i have no idea what the difference is.

Climbing ropes can be pretty stretchy, which may not make for ideal sheets but does make for excellent mooring lines.

You probably don't need mooring lines right now, however.

steveeasy

Visit site
Seams a real shame, was looking forward to seeing the project progress. It takes a brave man to post details of restoration project,.

Steveeasy