Bought a Never splashed Colvic Countess 33 on eBay, Looking for infos

steveeasy

Visit site
To me the use of the word troll is offensive and insulting and its used far too freely. In 4 years ive only ever seen one instance when a poster could have been referred to as a troll. in that instance the poster continually hunted down another member and would repeatedly insult and abuse him. he was banned for ever. something to do with a big outboard.

the poster in this thread has been nothing but amusing and tactful in dealing with some harsh criticism regarding his project. It was quite refreshing to see to men bond in a mutual friendship with such a project and regardless of how the project goes im sure they will be haveing a good fun time and good on them too.

Steveeasy

lpdsn

Visit site
To me the use of the word troll is offensive and insulting and its used far too freely.

Couldn't agree more. If you were to go off the evidence of this forum a troll would be defined as someone who doesn't reply to aggressive questioning within 24 hours.

I've been one of those giving my opinion to the OP that his project is unlikely to suceed, but he's chosen to go ahead so the best of luck to him. Maybe the lack of posts indicates some activity on the project.

Teko

Visit site
Greg and Phil were working on there little Newbridge in the boatyard where I keep my boat. They relaunched and sailed away probably about a month ago

lpdsn

Visit site
Are we talking about the Colvic Countess or the other one?

Why not? I'm sure it was this forum where I got it that it is perfectly possible to sail around the world in a small cardboard box. Although Brent Swain did later point out that the box had to be made out of 3" thick steel.

ghostlymoron

Visit site
In almost every boatyard in the country/world you can see abandoned half finished hulks. They remain unfinished until another optimist starts again. Hopefully, Greg and Phil will return and carry on. They've got plenty of optimism.

chrishscorp

Visit site
Why not? I'm sure it was this forum where I got it that it is perfectly possible to sail around the world in a small cardboard box. Although Brent Swain did later point out that the box had to be made out of 3" thick steel.

Wow you could sail that anywhere and not be in the slightest bit concerned about hitting anything, well apart from an Anderson 22 of course :rolleyes:

Visit site
pretty sure Greg is still around as Fatbeard. At least I hope so, as the alternative idea that fatbeard is real is not a good one. Some grammatical ticks suggest it may be so, bu who knows. Either way , fun. And Phil and Greg, forget previous targets, just do it your own way in your own time.