bit quiet on here

Sneds

Visit site
Watching the Diana concert, don't want to get my boat wet! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Very quiet on here but must admit the Diana concert is very good.... can't we have a concert like this for a Cardiff harbour festival.

wotayottie

Visit site
Concert wasnt bad, but some of the "turns" were definitely past it, and am I the only one who finds Ricky Gervase to be the most fashionable and un funny comic since Spike Milligan?

Bring back Cooper, the 2 Ronnies, Benny Hill, Les Dawson, etc. What you need in these dismal days is a good belly laugh. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Motored to the bridge, then sailed from there to the Outer buoy. I had to motor the last bit cos they were holding the lock for me.

But at 2105 I suppose that technically I wasn't quite at sea yet!

LizzyD

Visit site
Well jealous of Damo! I watched the Diana concert too. Was on call all weekend as well as tonight, so I saw it sober and was able to appreciate the extraordinary talents of Lloyd Webber, appreciate Diana (was and still am a big fan) and totally agree that Gervais loves himself. He was as funny as having a root filling and was toe-curlingly awful. Still, great show.

On call again this coming weekend but at least annual leave starts next Monday. If the weather improves, I might try having a go at Sharpness - never done it before, and in the second week, I fancy a go at Lundy. I wrote to their website to ask if I could camp there and they said yes! I thought we might go Cardiff - Ilfracombe - Lundy and back again. Will keep you informed.

Take care all,

Lizzy D.

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Don't miss Lundy whatever you do - one of my favourite landfalls.

nb camping was £10/person a night last I heard, although it is only 50 yds from Marisco Tavern! (which should suit you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Wai_Tapu

Visit site
Lundy is an absolute must. Stopped off for a couple of nights on way to the Scillies last year and loved it. If there is any East at all in the wind the anchorage can get a bit rolly. I wouldn't like to leave my boat unattended overnight. There is a large mooring buoy that the dive boat uses, but often empty
On your other destination, if you are thinking of Sharpness this w/e, you might like to attend the Lydney Rally on the other shore - always a cracking event, and I know the commodore is very keen to get as many visitors as possible.
Whatever, enjoy your leave - I really hope the weather cheers up for you.

LizzyD

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words.

Damo - You're right about the cost of staying on Lundy. They told me £10 per person per night. We may be taking Bev's niece so the camping part is just part of her adventure.

Wai_Tapu - I didn't know about the dive boat buoy. I think I'll "borrow" it if nobody's watching.

I spent a day at our Training School today with a meeting in the morning and a seminar in the afternoon. Are you like me? Do you spend time in work with your mind and soul somewhere else? For me, it was Lundy, Portishead, Bristol, Watchet and Swansea. Wherever I was, it wasn't performance indicators or pivot tables! I could almost smell the sea!

Take care all,

Lizzy D

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Very good sandy holding and well sheltered if no east in the wind. I have been there for several days at a time and personally don't have a problem leaving the boat to fend for itself.