Suffolk in Tier 4 From 26th December

pvb

Visit site
and that is why we need to have restrictions, having to cancel operations etc is not a good thing, if it gets any worse some very hard decisions will have to be made

Hard decisions were made back in March. My friend who had his cancer treatment discontinued wasn't happy about it. Nor is his widow.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Hard decisions were made back in March. My friend who had his cancer treatment discontinued wasn't happy about it. Nor is his widow.
Terrible, I take it you are agreeing with me, we need to stop this getting worse by behaving responsibly, follow the rules and try to control the virus, rather than look for loop holes to get around the rules

pvb

Visit site
Terrible, I take it you are agreeing with me, we need to stop this getting worse by behaving responsibly, follow the rules and try to control the virus, rather than look for loop holes to get around the rules

No, we need to lobby to reform the NHS. For decades, the NHS has been considered to be beyond criticism. Yet it is hugely dysfunctional, badly run and wasteful. Simply chucking money at it won't ever work; the organisation has an infinite appetite for money. It needs a complete overhaul. Even now, as the Nightingale hospitals are being dismantled due to lack of staff, there are countless thousands of retired doctors and nurses who have volunteered to help out, usually without pay. Yet their offers to help have been largely ignored in a swathe of NHS red tape.

jordanbasset

Visit site
No, we need to lobby to reform the NHS. For decades, the NHS has been considered to be beyond criticism. Yet it is hugely dysfunctional, badly run and wasteful. Simply chucking money at it won't ever work; the organisation has an infinite appetite for money. It needs a complete overhaul. Even now, as the Nightingale hospitals are being dismantled due to lack of staff, there are countless thousands of retired doctors and nurses who have volunteered to help out, usually without pay. Yet their offers to help have been largely ignored in a swathe of NHS red tape.
Disagree, we spend less per head on the NHS than most developed nations, so whatever reforms are made more money would need to be spent. Not only that health services across the world have struggled dealing with this virus, not just the NHS.
But even if you were right then any reforms would take months if not years to bring to fruition, meanwhile the issue is there is a very contagious virus that is killing people and we need to do our part in helping to slow it down

seivadnehpets

www.schnark.home.blog
If only by jumping off a cliff I could make it possible for operations not to be cancelled, but it would make no difference.

Cobra

Visit site
Can only agree with you here.
One of my clients holds a very senior paper pushing role in an NHS Trust in the East of England. She was made redundant from her six figure salaried 36 hours a week position as the role was no longer required back in May and given a golden farewell equivalent to a years salary for her work over the years. The next day she commenced two new jobs working for the same trust fulfilling EXACTLY the same roles as she had been fulfilling in her previous role...the only difference? She is now a further £30k per annum better off and only works 34 hours a week.
I have another client who is a Consultant in the A&E department of one of this trusts hospitals and is employed by the same trust. She works stupid hours and with a decent year will just clear 2/3rds of the paper pushers income!
I am a great believer in the NHS, BUT it is the pure unadulterated waste of money on highly paid management I cannot get my head around.

Tomahawk

Visit site
Well, the doctors, nurses, managers and others in the NHS think there's a crisis and that they're struggling, as do the national epidemiologists and scientific advisers. But maybe you know better.

Doctors raise alarm over 'dire' situation in NHS as Covid cases rise

The landladies and landlords of all the local pubs and restaurants are also struggling to survive along with thousands of shop workers and small businesses .. But unlike NHS workers, they don't have gold palted bullet proof job security and pensions.

SaltIre

Visit site
The landladies and landlords of all the local pubs and restaurants are also struggling to survive along with thousands of shop workers and small businesses .. But unlike NHS workers, they don't have gold palted bullet proof job security and pensions.
Could any of them serve dinners in a hospital to free up trained nurses to do nursing?

Other threads that may be of interest