Suffolk in Tier 4 From 26th December

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
At 84, thank you very much! I can't go for a sail in my cruiser, not because I'm geriatric and in a care home, but because I'm currently in Tier 3 and must not visit Tier 4 (Suffolk). Any way the boat is having the engine replaced amd is out of the water. Hopefully I will be able to race my dinghy on Wednesday afternoon on a local reservoir unless the West Midlands is then put in Tier 4 when I will be allowed to sail around but not race!!!
If I get Covid badly I seriously hope the NHS try hard to get me better. By no means all those in their 70's and 80's are in care homes leaving sedentary lives. There is a lot of life still to be lived(hopefully).
Incidentally not all those early photos from Italy were of old folk struggling in hospital. Stay safe
I am not as old, but come from a long-lived family on my mother's side - my mother let the side down by being the only one who didn't make it past 90, and my aunt made it past 100. So, when I'm 84, I can hope to have another 15 years in front of me, most of which I hope will be fairly active (my aunt only went into a care home at 99!). At present (and I am past retirement age) I can hope for 20-30 years more. But, as my children keep telling me, I am in a high-risk group for Covid-19 (I've already had it and didn't need hospitalization, but was pretty poorly). So, comments like tomahawk's are both unhelpful and uncalled for; even an octogenarian can have a useful remaining span of life ahead of them.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I have a different take on the elderly and vulnerable. Early on, rather than national lockdowns we should have given those people whatever it took to keep them safe, until the vaccine was available. That's money no object help and assistance to stay safe, a 5 star hotel with a personal maid couldn't cost as much as these lockdowns.

The rest of us could then be left to get on with it, taking whatever care we feel we need to take to keep safe.

pvb

Visit site
I have a different take on the elderly and vulnerable. Early on, rather than national lockdowns we should have given those people whatever it took to keep them safe, until the vaccine was available. That's money no object help and assistance to stay safe, a 5 star hotel with a personal maid couldn't cost as much as these lockdowns.

The rest of us could then be left to get on with it, taking whatever care we feel we need to take to keep safe.

Absolutely right!

Tomahawk

Visit site
At 84, thank you very much! I can't go for a sail in my cruiser, not because I'm geriatric and in a care home, but because I'm currently in Tier 3 and must not visit Tier 4 (Suffolk). Any way the boat is having the engine replaced amd is out of the water. Hopefully I will be able to race my dinghy on Wednesday afternoon on a local reservoir unless the West Midlands is then put in Tier 4 when I will be allowed to sail around but not race!!!
If I get Covid badly I seriously hope the NHS try hard to get me better. By no means all those in their 70's and 80's are in care homes leaving sedentary lives. There is a lot of life still to be lived(hopefully).
Incidentally not all those early photos from Italy were of old folk struggling in hospital. Stay safe

It's always nice to be proved right... :cool:

Tomahawk

Visit site

Been thinking the same sine the outset.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Indeed. It needs to be a professional service to be classed as work.

I think that the Government is encouraging professional boat fixing type people to work on MGC 27s especially.
Well you Sir might well be right in your interpretations, but its a folly to state that only Employed actually WORK, cripes man where have you been for last 50 years ?

Surely if our Govt wanted only Employed persons to be clasified as Work they would have stated so ?

Tradewinds

www.etsy.com
This clarifies nothing. We must stay at home, but we can go sailing. ...
Then adds
"Face coverings should be worn when inside the toilet and shower buildings"
I'm out of here!
Didn't say it did. :)
I just put it on here as one (well-known) marina's take on the guidelines.
Face covering when entering a toilet/shower block makes sense to me - just like going into a shop. I'm sure you can take the mask off when you're showering ;)

Do what you want - I'm sure you'll be ok. *Want to buy a pair of skis?

*That's my little topical joke.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Work is a form of excersise both of body and mind, just, it seems to me, its what our Leader wants us to do ; 'keep active'

So guess that working on ones Boat (repairs, maintainence, refurbishment) is certainly an excersise is it not ?

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com

My 84 year old father wants more detail on the services the personal maid will provide :D

Capt Popeye

Visit site

How would your suggestion lessen and hopefully eventually eradicate the Spreading of that Covid , then ?

Guess the idea between the Scientists is that by removing most peoples, of whatever ages, from intermingling with each other the Virus will or cannot be spread about much at all; so allowing peoples to mingle and mix with each other must surely encourage the Virus to spread and keep multiplying at an increasing rate of magnitude !

So whats safe or practical about that then ?

Us elderly may be made safer by isolating but if the Virus is still active and multiplying in society then eventually us elderly must be in greater threat of catching it ?

Capt Popeye

Visit site

pvb

Visit site
How would your suggestion lessen and hopefully eventually eradicate the Spreading of that Covid , then ?

Guess the idea between the Scientists is that by removing most peoples, of whatever ages, from intermingling with each other the Virus will or cannot be spread about much at all; so allowing peoples to mingle and mix with each other must surely encourage the Virus to spread and keep multiplying at an increasing rate of magnitude !

So whats safe or practical about that then ?

Us elderly may be made safer by isolating but if the Virus is still active and multiplying in society then eventually us elderly must be in greater threat of catching it ?

There's a lot of distortion in the numbers which are quoted to us. Take the number of "cases" - a "case" is merely a positive test result, it doesn't mean that the person is ill. And repeat tests simply get reported as more "cases". The more testing we do, the more "cases" there are. And these false figures are used to justify closing down the NHS to virtually everyone. It's a crime. This little article is worth reading - https://www.globalresearch.ca/nhs-consultant-says-staff-being-silenced-over-covid-19/5718680

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
'NHS England said it now had 20,426 people being treated for the virus in hospital as of 8am on Monday, surpassing April’s high of 18,946 on 12 April. Health officials in Wales and Scotland have also said they fear becoming overwhelmed.'
NHS hospitals facing ‘unprecedented’ levels of coronavirus cases

It is certainly a continuing serious risk to us individually and collectively, and to the ability of the NHS to cope.

How well the Regulations and official and unofficial guidance address the risk, and how best to interpret them is another matter.

In the very early days of the Coronavirus someone passed me part of an email from an English person living in Wuhan, who had been through it all before us. They said that one thing they'd learnt was that was it necessary to stop worrying about whether the official measures were the correct or best response, and just accept the situation as it was presented to them. Otherwise, it would all have been too much to cope with, and they would have driven themselves crazy. (I'm not saying that has happened to anyone here! ? )