While out today!

[2068]

Visit site
Re: While out today!a

I meant "More space given by the Targa would have helped avoid a close quarters situation".

girlofwight

Visit site
OT, but as an H42 owner, and excluding the RNLI and Raymarine, I think there are only 25 of us, it's nice to see the video footage of one. I suspect her bottom was cleaner than ours, as we are struggling a bit at present- wondering about a lift and scrub before heading down from Cowes to Weymouth after the bank holiday.

I'm sure there are two sides to everything, wait and hear what the Targa skipper says and, let's face it, human error is a fact of life, there but for the grace of God go any of us...

...in fact I had five blasts and a lot of waving from a sailing boat last year who I admit didn't initially see. In my defence I was tucked in behind Wightlink inward on Portsmouth Swashway and matching the ferris speed. I think the yachtie, coming from starboard, deferred to the ferry as clear channel, aimed for his stern, and then expected me to let him in - which wasn't totally unreasonable, although it could be argued that he could have merged into the Swashway rather than just charging in behind the ferry - as I say two sides to everything.