When the tide goes out

trapper guy

Visit site
looks a little like watchet where i am now, though it way much muddier here than there, that place isnt trying very hard at all

jbweston

Visit site
I was taught that the tide 'goes out' and 'comes in' at seaside resorts. It gives you good wet sand for sandcastles as it 'goes out' then 'comes in' to wash them away. Surely as sailors we say 'falls' and 'rises' for vertical movement, and 'ebbs' and 'floods' for horizontal?

Unfold me that deckchair while I remove my collar, take off my socks and knot the corners of this handkerchief to keep the sun off my bald patch while I wait for the tide to come in.

Or am I hoplessley out of date in my terminology as I am in so many other areas of lfe?

Frogmogman

Visit site
I was taught that the tide 'goes out' and 'comes in' at seaside resorts. It gives you good wet sand for sandcastles as it 'goes out' then 'comes in' to wash them away. Surely as sailors we say 'falls' and 'rises' for vertical movement, and 'ebbs' and 'floods' for horizontal?

Unfold me that deckchair while I remove my collar, take off my socks and knot the corners of this handkerchief to keep the sun off my bald patch while I wait for the tide to come in.

Or am I hoplessley out of date in my terminology as I am in so many other areas of lfe?

Are you calling MontyMariner a Cnut ?