Volvo AQ130C

jmp

Visit site
Thanks to previous members' responses re wiring etc. Replies have been most helpful and I am making headway through the electrical nightmare!
I have pm'd one contributor re specifics concerning the alternator,and now have a further general query :-
The vessel has on the panel an oil warning light and a guage as mentioned in my earlier post.On inspection however it seems the guage which is not working ,has a terminal which I think is the sender connection which is unoccupied.I am thinking that perhaps I can have either one or the other !
Is this correct or is there another sender point on the engine unbeknown to me which will enable operation of both light and guage?
If not does the same sender on the engine operate either guage ,warning light or both?

aztec

Visit site
depends on what senders you have.

there should be two, an ordinary "car type" and a bigger "pressure sender" if you only have the small one, i'd suggest that it's been replaced at some point.

to test it, get someone to watch the lamp (engine off, but ignition on) and earth the connector to the engine block, it should light the lamp.

you should be able to use both, but it'll mean replacing the sender... any motor factors should be able to match the sender (take the old one as a pattern)

one terminal on the guage will need a +ve supply from the ignition switch, then the signal wire from the sender supplies the -ve.

i used to use a lamp and a capilliary guage, but you need a "T" piece to screw into the main oilway. then just fit up as normal.

hope this helps. steve.