Sole Diesel Mini 34 dead switch panel

colind3782

Visit site
I have a problem with the switch panel for my Sole Diesel Mini 34. When I was last at the boat in March, everything worked fine. When I arrived this trip, turning the key did nothing. Normally, on turning the key to position 1, the alarm would sound and the warning lights would come on. Turning the key pre-heat would heat the glow plugs and turning the key to "start" would turn over the engine. None of this happened. I traced the latter problem to a faulty battery isolator switch which I have replaced and the engine turns over. However, there is still no panel light up or pre-heat. I have tested the glowplugs and bridged the relay and the glowplugs work but not on the key.

My gut is pointing towards a faulty key switch. Typically, the 36 year old wiring schematic in the manual bears little relation to what's behind the panel now! Unfortunately, the rain is thrashing down here in Empuriabrava so it's difficult for me to pull the panel and take photographs which I will post as soon as I can. In the meantime, any ideas?

Attachments

• Mini 34 switch panel schematic.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini 34 switch panel schematic 2.pdf
    113.8 KB · Views: 3

colind3782

Visit site
It has stopped raining briefly so I pulled the panel off and rechecked the connections. One spade connection on an after-market switch looked a bit mucky so I cleaned it and reconnected it. Hey presto, all seems to be working fine. What caused a problem was that much of the original coloured wiring has been replaced at some stage with brown and no indication of what does what. When I get time and dry weather I'll label everything that I can.

Wansworth

Visit site
On my last boat I had an electrical fault so called a knowledgeable mate who couldn’t find anything wrong so replaced basic wiring and all returned to normal….salt andelectricsdontgo well together