Valet launching & Valet mooring

jfm

Visit site
Happy1, your comments to AJW were in appropriate imho.

For a trailerable boat, I agree with AJW, I prefer to fettle it myself. Nothing to do with time management/class, I just like doing it.

For larger boat, the services you talk about are available already. I dont think there's much demand for valet parking (except in the sense of employing a captain) but cleaning, washing and making the beds, housekeeping etc is big business, especially in the Med. We use it and it's excellent value. We leave the boat in a mess and come back to it all washed and ironed, clean towels, hoovered and polished etc, with the fridge stocked. This is a long established service, but it's not exactly high margin business so I'd stick to your day job if I were you :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

trev

Visit site
If you hate to moor and launch (if trailered) what are you doing with a boat in the first place?
I enjoy cleaning my boat and take a pride in a good job - all part of the boating scene, together with the chit chat which usually accompanies pontoon activities.
I must confess to having used the services of a boat valet for the first clean and polish and interior 'go over' of the season, but then I work abroad and my time at home is limited.
I think its a crap idea which would never take off as a business- but then I'm not a good judge of the stock market either!!

<hr width=100% size=1>Trev

claymore

Visit site
Re: Happy is going to get a slappy.

You were doing so well - right up to the final phrase - have another try!

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Why can't you sleep on it? Only takes them 2 minutes to put it in the water. I dry rack, and I've never had a problem.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Alistairr

Visit site
[link]www.pooleboatpark.fsnet.co.uk/Gen-Info.htm[link]

Well at Poole i understand that their pontoons are for departing and arriving only, no long term staying.

<hr width=100% size=1>CHEERS.

Help needed to name new boat, PLEASE.

BrendanS

Visit site
They say that at Lymington too, but the security guard always pops round to say good night before he goes home :)

Plenty of visitor moorings anyway.

Also no difference to trailering, your going to have to put the boat onto a visitor mooring.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

OK I opologise, but lets face it, these type of people are the ones that go self catering on holidays, own caravans and only clean their boats because they are under the thumb. I wonder if they do the dishes at home? because I dare say they would not dream of having a dishwasher! They probably only visit self service restaurants, because they wouldn't like someone to serve them their food, rather do it themselves, and even do their own ironing. How many peoples wives clean down the boat, not many I reckon as they are too smart.

I must say I prefer to support and invest in the non graduates who serve in the service industry. I didn't spend 4 years at university and getting a good job in the city to end up cleaning my own boat!! It's about time a lot of things were made easier and more convenient by the service industry, it just needs good management. I just thought there would be a niche in the market, who wouldn't pay £50 after a day out to just walk away from their boat, have the boat washed down, cleaned, refuelled and stocked up?

Does it make sense now?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

claymore

Visit site

Well, thank you for that valuable insight into the Doctrines and Philosophies of Happy.
Put in such eloquent terms I'm sure there will be some very positive responses and that you should probably be negotiating your release from your 'Good job in the City' as I feel you will probably be inundated with people wishing to buy into the service. Naturally you will need time to get set up and get your team of valeteers installed at key locations around the UK.
Speaking quietly with colleagues over tea and stickies in the hushed environs of the senior staff room, I understand that we could offer NVQ's in customer service to your organisation and should you wish to avail yourself of this opportunity, please waste no time in contacting me.

Claymore

claymore

Visit site
Yes - technical speak for an address to which you want to create a link - so if there is an image somewhere on the internet, if you right click on it and select properties you will find the http/www. address. If you copy and paste that into the appropriate slot in your profile (if that is what you are trying to do) then the image should then appear when you post to threads.

Claymore

Alistairr

Visit site
Thankyou, Steve.

So is this how to do it; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.hamptonandmcmurray.co.uk>http://www.hamptonandmcmurray.co.uk</A>

<hr width=100% size=1>CHEERS.

Help needed to name new boat, PLEASE.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: You bunch of lazy, lazy gits :) NM

Agree entirely AJW, half the fun is keeping on top of all the jobs which need constant attention, also means you get to know your boat properly so have a better chance of fixing things which go wrong at sea rather than simply calling for help.

I don't understand why everyone has to spend hours cleaning their boat after every sea trip. A quick hose down maybe. Mine is kept on a mooring so even doing that is impossible, but I bet I have more fun than most, and get more use out of the boat. Think I did about 300 hours last season, should be more this year if the weather continues as it is.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

We seem to have a broad section of the country covered on the forum here, I may see if anyone would be interested in working for me. I would do the advertising and get the business and they could do the scrubbing, cleaning and stocking up. We would negotiate a fair rate for their labour, possibly £20 per boat, as it should not take longer than 4 hours plus materials, which they could supply or I could get delivered to them at cost price to them. Tips could forwarded to me and then put in a central fund held by me and split between all my cleaners once a year.

I feel £50 per boat is a good starting point, for up to 8mtrs, extra length could be on a pro rata basis. This would of course just be wash down and rinse off, full valeting could also be carried out once or twice a year dependent on an estimate by my network of cleaners. I may also require supervisors to check on the cleaners work, I will have to decide on a rate of pay for that.

If you have any ideas feel feel to PM me, I am just putting together the business plan at the moment.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Must admit Happy. I still cant weigh up whether your a complete wind up, having a laugh. Or deadly serious. Which ever way keep it up......../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn