There is certainly a shortage of good secondhand boats at present as you will see.

Bajansailor

Visit site
@jonic on here only has four yachts for sale, and the cheapest is GBP 200,000......
Yachts For Sale with John Rodriguez Yachts - ABYA Yacht Broker

Re the 26' Cornish Crabber that sold on Yachtsnet - she had an asking price of GBP 85,000, and I wonder how much she sold for?
Cornish Crabber 26 for sale - Yachtsnet Ltd. UK yacht brokers - yacht brokerage and boat sales

I think I would prefer this Centurion 40 which is 'under offer' re the asking price of GBP 75,000 -
Centurion 40 for sale - Yachtsnet Ltd. UK yacht brokers - yacht brokerage and boat sales

Last edited:

Neeves

Visit site
Surely the fact that owners are not putting their yachts on the market might suggest they are finding it is all sunny seas and F4 - and that a yacht is a better place, actually due to travel restrictions - the only place, in a Covid stricken world. Yes the world is opening up - but its hardly back to normal and we have son of Covid hanging around outside the door and the threat of other variants in the future. One's home might be your castle but the yacht offers a fortress on the water(better than some resort in the Costa Brava)

The Fat Lady has not sung yet.

Jonathan

Blueboatman

Visit site
I once bought a boat the day ‘we’ went and invaded Iraq. The final revised price was quite realistic .
Just sayin …

doug748

Visit site
Last edited:

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Yes, big shortage at the moment, although I have been contacted this week by a few that have asked us to put their boats on the market soon.

Concerto

Visit site
Yes, big shortage at the moment, although I have been contacted this week by a few that have asked us to put their boats on the market soon.
Just looked at your web site and loved your comment

Currently almost sold out, more yachts required for waiting clients

You only have 4 for sale, so hope you can find some more in the near future.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Surely the fact that owners are not putting their yachts on the market might suggest they are finding it is all sunny seas and F4 - and that a yacht is a better place, actually due to travel restrictions - the only place, in a Covid stricken world. Yes the world is opening up - but its hardly back to normal and we have son of Covid hanging around outside the door and the threat of other variants in the future. One's home might be your castle but the yacht offers a fortress on the water(better than some resort in the Costa Brava)

The Fat Lady has not sung yet.
The chatter in the yard is that due to COVID we have a significant number of 'Born Again Sailors', incidentally a significant number of vessels that have returned from the mainland (Europe), and that once the cold reality of antifouling, maintenance, cost of new sails and the time and effort of keeping boat hits home interest will quickly fade over the next year or so.

j24jam

Visit site
A lot of the boats we have sold in the last two years in the UK have been to people brand new to boating.

I don't think many of those that have taken up boating will sell up once they can go abroad easily again, so cannot see a big drop in values when things 'go back to normal'...

We all got hooked at some point and are still playing boats...

Seven Spades

Visit site
Prices are going up massively. JR has a 2007 Oyster 53 for sale for £475k boats of this vintage three years ago were around £320K. Boats depreciate by abut 8% in real terms over time so when inflation reaches 8% boats stop going down in price in cash terms. We however have a boost owing to the difficulty of importing boats and the costs of new boats rising well above the price on inflation.

I disagree that this is a short term fad, the fundamentals are that boat prices have bottomed out.

Momac

Visit site
A lot of the boats we have sold in the last two years in the UK have been to people brand new to boating.

I don't think many of those that have taken up boating will sell up once they can go abroad easily again, so cannot see a big drop in values when things 'go back to normal'...

We all got hooked at some point and are still playing boats...

That's true.
Pre Covid - Plenty of folks owned a boat and holidayed abroad
I see a lot of people making improvements to older boats which is good .
I think the new prices for older boats still makes those boats good value and will stick as some long overdue inflationary adjustment makes sense.