The Omega Block

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
Sun block as well then. nm.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

claymore

Visit site
Is that the one that makes it cold and sunny or warm and sunny? I read something about it when looking for long range forecasts.
Last year I picked something up about El Nino which said that it was squirting horrible weather through Cape Horn from the pacific and that this was going to track up the East Coast of the Americas then track across bringing us a wet and unsettled summer. It seemed to be right really. Naturally, I cannot find the blasted website where I read it!

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

davidhand

Visit site
Last time there was an El Nino I fell overboard. Good news is that it makes the normally frigid water of San Francisco Bay at least ten degrees (F) warmer. Got my picture in the local sailing rag too.

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site
If it is it's a very shallow omega - the two lows sitting either side of the high or almost at the same lattitude. A classic omega has the lows 200 -> 400 miles further south than the high. It could yet form, but the Bracknell chart shows the pattern possibly breaking apart next week. If anything the formation is an inverted omega later in the week (and I dont honestly know if that achieves the same results!) There certainly looks to be the potential for a brief spell of settled whether, but next weekend could well see a break up (or the beginnings of it).

If the separation isnt adequate you dont get the jet stream taking the omega path, which helps keep the high relatively static, and instead you get the normal jetstream driving the systems Eastward.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Chris_Robb

Visit site
G'day Brian - Charlies back here - yes - but then went of snowboarding - she has now set up a partnership doing interior design and has her first 2 clients - good luck to her - she works incredibly hard and plays as hard as well!

We'll soon show the aussie what real anglo saxons are like - role on the World cup

<hr width=100% size=1>

Chris_Robb

Visit site
well - Metcheck seem to think we may get temps of around 20-25 % C in the next couple of weeks! Hope the Easter week is like that as we are bring the boat back from S Brittany to Plymouth.

Did I upset Jimi yesterday? Didn't mean to, did'nt know so many insults could fly round so quickly! The Robbs were McFarlane outcasts so definitely not Campbells!!!

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chris_Robb on 04/04/2003 08:20 (server time).</FONT></P>

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Metcheck seem to be fairly confidant that its building - so keep your fingures crossed - I need the week after Easter to be good - nice SW force 4 - 5 - boat coming back from S Brittany to Plymouth

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
tis sunny in scotland
just had a call froma mate sailing around arran
lucky barsteward

looks like it is set to snow in the mids
i will be under canvass with the scout troop

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
seperate tents ofcourse
but we are likely to have some very cold scouts

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

jimi

Visit site
comes after the Beta blockers, and whilst the weather is still just as crap as its always been, it just feels a wee bit nicer. I prefer the Werbenieuk solution myself though!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Whats the Azores high - hasn't been seen for years!

Don't know much about it - just saw the headlines on Metcheck that explained it, so new one on me - Just one of those sailors dreaming of Medittaranean weather in England all summer. -

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Who is looking after MrsS2B then, whilst you are under Blacks of Greenock's finest with the senior sixers?

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ohdrat

Visit site
oooh so its the effect of a funny substance that AZAB competitors take then?

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
she has been despatched to her mother. to keep her safe from the marauding hordes!