? the most uninviting toilet block in a marina, nominate yours

xyachtdave

Visit site
We found msl Chatham excellent and few yrs a go

Yes normally excellent but there was period when a mystery berth holder was blocking the loo up with empty gin bottles and having what can be best described as a dirty protest all over the wall in the showers and loos.

Glad you missed that Roger!

Concerto

Visit site
Yes normally excellent but there was period when a mystery berth holder was blocking the loo up with empty gin bottles and having what can be best described as a dirty protest all over the wall in the showers and loos.

Glad you missed that Roger!
The gentleman concerned, an ex con living on a boat, was finally identified from cctv footage and was thrown out of the marina.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
You obviously have not visited some of the small drying east coast Scotland harbours who's only facilities are a public toilet block with variable opening hours and often not very nice at all. At least if there is a sailing club at the harbour they open their usually much better facilities to visitors.

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Newport on the Isle of Wight wins hands down. The most basic of shower cubicles with curtains, pebbledashed loos that are cleaned occasionally, dusty floors and no heating belie the fact that these facilities are built and run by the local council.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Newport on the Isle of Wight wins hands down. The most basic of shower cubicles with curtains, pebbledashed loos that are cleaned occasionally, dusty floors and no heating belie the fact that these facilities are built and run by the local council.
I never knew. But then, why would we go to Newport when we berth at The Follly? Whose facilities are nothing to write home about.

Habebty

Visit site
Dover portacabin shower/bogs were a bit grim this year but are not long for this world so are forgiven. But beware of the ablutions in some marinas where the lights are on a timer after movement activation ( no not that sort of movement:LOL:) so if tempted to watch a bit of Netflix on the throne you will find yourself suddenly in darkness where no amount of waving over the top of the cubicle will turn them on again!

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
Dover portacabin shower/bogs were a bit grim this year but are not long for this world so are forgiven. But beware of the ablutions in some marinas where the lights are on a timer after movement activation ( no not that sort of movement:LOL:) so if tempted to watch a bit of Netflix on the throne you will find yourself suddenly in darkness where no amount of waving over the top of the cubicle will turn them on again!
Ah, perhaps you need a supply of gin bottles to throw...

LiftyK

Visit site

May I vote t’other way? I think the council does a great job in keeping Newport harbour very affordable with basic but well managed facilities. The berthing fee is half that of everywhere else. The loos and shower block is getting on a bit but the showers have recently been refreshed and I usually find the facilities neat and tidy.

There have been cases of undesirable non-visitors using the facilities. In shock news to the thousands of you that have your own key to the loo block, the locks have been replaced with an electronic keypad. This has been done to restrict access to genuine visitors and may help keep the place tidy.

Frogmogman

Visit site
But beware of the ablutions in some marinas where the lights are on a timer after movement activation ( no not that sort of movement:LOL:) so if tempted to watch a bit of Netflix on the throne you will find yourself suddenly in darkness where no amount of waving over the top of the cubicle will turn them on again!

Never strayed as far as Netflix, but I confess that I do like to read when I’m on the throne. I rather liked this enamel sign in the loo of a bistrot in the 16th Arrondissement…..

89F2C049-08A0-46E6-A18D-70DD9EA873AE.jpeg

sailaboutvic

Visit site
This must be one of the best thread for a long time

Once all we had was a bucket .
And for a shower a spray can .

It not the loos you should all be complaining about but the marina prices .

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
A friend had a funny (we thought) experience in Smir marina. Went to toilet block and when he leaned over to wipe his bum, the toilet leaned with him and he had paper in one hand and the other against the wall to stop it tilting 90 degrees :D Shower drains were blocked as well.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
LONG_KEELER said:
I can't remember where it was in Holland but you had to supply your own loo paper. If only I had known beforehand .
That's not unusual in many places in Europe .
I bet you took some with you next time :)

Having emerged from the cubicle somewhat bow legged , a Dutchman entered the block clutching a roll of toilet paper. I nervously asked if I could have a few sheets as I was not aware of the system. The bounder, looking away said no and entered a cubicle. Probably the most dastardly experience I have ever encountered abroad.

Perhaps the evolution of the "man bag" came about from the non supplying of toilet paper.