Stolen from Woolverstone Marina

spottydog

www.Eastern-Telephones.co.uk
My Rotostay E furling gear was placed on the mast racks by a rigging co. last July. I checked it occasionally to make sure it was still there. As the racks filled up I couldn't see it but assumed it was still there.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to dismantle the foil and take it home. I failed to locate it so asked the marina staff who also couldn't find it. It was eventually found by the rigging co. but the forestay had been hacksawed and the furling drum pinched.

Sandyshore

Visit site
Sorry to hear of loss.
After last winter I did hear of a number of furling drums splitting as a result of ice and frost.
Sounds to me sadly with your gear stowed away in the summer on a rack some one may have had a split drum and seeing yours etc etc.
The perputrator may be nearer to home than you think anything on cctv marina should keep a record.

Leighb

Visit site
Very sad, my sympathies, it does sound like a fellow yachty unfortunately rather than metal thieves, as the latter would have nicked much more.

A few years ago Woolverstone was raised by these "brethren" and amongst lots of other rigging gear they stole a friends port shroud and spreader, he had a heck of a job to get a matching spreader for a 30 year old Dufour.

spottydog

www.Eastern-Telephones.co.uk
Of course my Insurance co. will not cover the loss as it was not attached to the boat. The marina do not accept any liability, therefore I am rather out of pocket.
I hope fellow yachtsmen are aware that when their masts and associated equipment are stored away from the boat their boat insurance will not cover them.

savageseadog

Visit site
Of course my Insurance co. will not cover the loss as it was not attached to the boat. The marina do not accept any liability, therefore I am rather out of pocket.
I hope fellow yachtsmen are aware that when their masts and associated equipment are stored away from the boat their boat insurance will not cover them.

I know that Pants do

nigelm

Visit site
I think it's a sad fact of life that these sorts of people exist every where , reminds me of a few yrs ago we had a touring caravan that was kept in a storage facility nr Dunton Essex , my leisure battery was stolen from the battery locker , as there was no sign of forced entry (yes it was locked ) I guessed that they used a key , I decided to try my key in vans that were around mine and guess what , next door but one vans locker had my battery in it .
When I reported the issue to the office of park they wernt interested and said nothing they could do .
I left my batt with a note expressing my feelings towards the person concerned and moved the van to another place .

Boat yards / marinas are home to some expensive gear but have very little security and if other boat owners are of the theivin b*st*rd type then the rest of stand little chance ..

Phew that's alot of tapping on a phone :rolleyes: