Solaris sunrise

whiteflame

Visit site
Hi all,
Been a few years since I posted, and a few boats. Latest is a solaris sunrise 36 I was wondering if there are any other owners on here to bounce ideas off.

Adam

Attachments

• 2020_0622_01355900.jpg
    2020_0622_01355900.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 214

Allergy

Live in East London, UK. Boat in Portsmouth Harbou
Visit site
Hi all,
Been a few years since I posted, and a few boats. Latest is a solaris sunrise 36 I was wondering if there are any other owners on here to bounce ideas off.

Adam
I sailed on her way back in the mid 90's and had the joy of putting on Coppercoat with the then owner.. Never again as I got sweet FA for my efforts.

pessimist

Visit site
Hi all,

Adam

Coincidentally have also just moved to the same model (even looked at Meerkat). Know nothing at all about them or cats in general. Haven't even sailed her yet as we've been busy sorting out a new mooring, fitting solar etc. More than happy to exchange any and all info/ideas.
Good luck,
Colin

pragmatist

Visit site
Hi all,

Adam
Hi Adam

I'm Mrs pessimist :) We've had Dazzler (who is being re-named as SNAFU 2) for only a few weeks. Love to swap info - think they're lovely boats but it is a pity that there isn't a group like the Prout Owners group on Facebook for swapping info. This is her being launched on the Dart.

Cheers
Pennysnafu2.jpg

whiteflame

Visit site
Hi Adam

I'm Mrs pessimist :) We've had Dazzler (who is being re-named as SNAFU 2) for only a few weeks. Love to swap info - think they're lovely boats but it is a pity that there isn't a group like the Prout Owners group on Facebook for swapping info. This is her being launched on the Dart.

Cheers
PennyView attachment 94759
Nice looking boat, what year is she?

Adam n Gerri

whiteflame

Visit site
Coincidentally have also just moved to the same model (even looked at Meerkat). Know nothing at all about them or cats in general. Haven't even sailed her yet as we've been busy sorting out a new mooring, fitting solar etc. More than happy to exchange any and all info/ideas.
Good luck,
Colin
Hi Colin,
Is the one you've bought the one for sale from Millbrook?

Adam

pragmatist

Visit site
Yes she's home, if you check kingholm quay Harbour group on Facebook, she's there
Well done ! That was quick given lockdown and things - we were very grateful not to have to use public transport - but our "delivery" was a big 2 nm ! :) Would love to know how she sailed and motored. We don't have a furler for the staysail (but the last boat did and I liked the split sail plan). Did you use the staysail ? Will enjoy looking at the FB page.

whiteflame

Visit site
Well done ! That was quick given lockdown and things - we were very grateful not to have to use public transport - but our "delivery" was a big 2 nm ! :) Would love to know how she sailed and motored. We don't have a furler for the staysail (but the last boat did and I liked the split sail plan). Did you use the staysail ? Will enjoy looking at the FB page.
Hi there, wind on the nose all the way back from milford, so long motor but 2gm yanmars were perfect, 1 gal/ hr for both. I did get sails out in milford haven before I left seems quite good, slips along easy at 5.5 knots in 12 knots. No furler on staysail, it on the future an list no public transport for us, son ran us down. So where is she berthed.?

Adam

pragmatist

Visit site
Glad you avoided public transport. Children can be soooo useful :) Ours helped with our last delivery trip from the Solent with cars etc but that was over 20 yrs ago and we didn't need them this time ! Sounds as tho the trip was good. Presumably they took the staysail furler off - it was there when we looked.

We have a swinging mooring on the Dart - glorious spot - just above Noss Marina and below the Anchor Stone. Herons and little egrets abound - the odd seal too ! Hoping to get a sail up today !

pragmatist

Visit site
Hello again, how has it gone with snafu, I've had meerkat out on river a few times but that's all do you have any more pics of boat

Adam
Various family disasters have prevented us using her nearly as much as we'd have liked. Had a short trip out of the river and got the Genoa up sadly max 3knots wind ! Found one engine not getting enough water in thru sail drive so getting it replumbed with a separate water intake. We have loads of photos. Anything you received especially interested in ?