Solar performance

B27

Visit site
So have you measured the short circuit current of these panels?
Was the Victron box running the panel volts close to the panel's claimed Vmp?

That's the difference between measuring a panel's performance and measuring the performance of a panel-regulator combination.

You can have the best panel in the world, but if the load applied to it is wrong, you won't get optimum power from it.

Generally an MPPT controller should be loading a panel to somewhere around 80% of its open circuit voltage.
If it's wildly different from that, maybe the controller is not finding the max power point?

geem

Visit site
So have you measured the short circuit current of these panels?
Was the Victron box running the panel volts close to the panel's claimed Vmp?

That's the difference between measuring a panel's performance and measuring the performance of a panel-regulator combination.

You can have the best panel in the world, but if the load applied to it is wrong, you won't get optimum power from it.

Generally an MPPT controller should be loading a panel to somewhere around 80% of its open circuit voltage.
If it's wildly different from that, maybe the controller is not finding the max power point?
With all due respect, I am a qualified engineer. You are telling me nothing I don't know. The panels are faulty. I know how to do this stuff. I spent my career doing diagnostic engineering

B27

Visit site
With all due respect, I am a qualified engineer. You are telling me nothing I don't know. The panels are faulty. I know how to do this stuff. I spent my career doing diagnostic engineering
In which case, you're doing a fairly poor job of explaining your testing process.