HWLWHWLW
00:3304:2211:2216:45
4.3 m1.1 m4.3 m0.9 m
Tue 6 Jan
HWLWHWLW
01:0505:0412:0117:26
4.3 m1.0 m4.3 m0.9

My goodness - a time warp.

Is this one of these odd Solent double tide effects ... is the second one bigger for one cycle only?

KevinT1

Visit site
http://www.islandecho.co.uk/news/hoegh-osaka-first-daytime-photos

"Hoegh Osaka ran aground on The Solent off the Island’s coastline, prompting a major rescue operation to save 25 crews members and a pilot on board the stricken vessel."

"Island Echo understands a mechanical malfunction could be to blame for the incident, with a hard port steer engaged"

"UPDATE @ 10:10 – Ships are now able to enter and leave the Port of Southampton, with a number of large container ships having successfully passed the Hoegh Osala this morning."

Halcyon Yachts

www.halcyonyachts.com
I wonder if the grounding was deliberate...

If the ship had developed a problem then running onto the bank is far safer than drifting or being out of control on the Solent.

Pete

Capt Popeye

Visit site
:(

HM Easy tides now give 10.06 HW for today, so looks like the IOW and Solent tides are a mystery to most men, let alone sailors, so what is the real HW prediction for the area that the stricken ship is in ?

Chris_Robb

Visit site
:(

HM Easy tides now give 10.06 HW for today, so looks like the IOW and Solent tides are a mystery to most men, let alone sailors, so what is the real HW prediction for the area that the stricken ship is in ?

I assume that they are as I posted re Mondays and Tuesdays. We know that the tide reached it highest point at 10:20 today - so todays entry was Bollocks

macd

Visit site
what are the rules about a ship on the pitch then ?

Oddly, there don't seem to be any rules specifically about several thousands tons of marine hardware on a cricket pitch. However, Law 10.2(b), which deals with pitch sweeping, requires that the pitch shall be cleared of any debris at all intervals for meals, between innings and at the beginning of each day, not earlier than 30 minutes nor later than 10 minutes before the time scheduled or rescheduled for play to begin.

One hopes the salvage crew are acquainted with this provision. And have rather large brooms.

Just_sayin'

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.
Visit site