Selling it to the wife (part II)

G

Re: Medical answer. That\'s what the "P" stands for, Pre-

ALL the time before.

(Ducks head very quickly)

G

Well I didn\'t enjoy it...

...so I passed up the opportunity to have a second ;-))

G

It\'s O.K. I was looking through wine-tinted glasses...

but now I am curious...is 'The Plan' a film? If so, no. Should I, if I get the opportunity? I had a plan. Once. Now I have no plans and I'm sticking to them...

G

You\'re either unmarried or...

....you don't expect your wife will want to read this thread. 'Stinkpot' is a term of endearment or derision, (depending on the twist of the lip, the glint of the eye and the tone of voice,) used to describe vessels that have no sails and must rely on engines for their propulsion. In the days of yore (sometime last week) these creatures belched out smoke as they cruised along...making a stink from their chimney pots...I think I'll go and put that in TheSeaMag before it is claimed by IPC or someone rushes in to tell me where 'stinkpot' REALLY comes from and how many ensigns one should have etc., etc., Worry not, crack open another ice-cold beer, Doug, and give St. Kitts a kiss from me!

G

Re: To "P" or not to "P" does not seem...

...to be the question...this is probably an indelicate revelation but, what the hell, we're all going to die sometime, might as well be of embarrassment (yours, matey, not mine!) but I have to say that a hystericalectomy worked wonders for me, some 12 years ago. All the fun, none of the mess and no PMT, pre or post. Mind you, I don't remember having PMT beforehand either, so maybe it's a shade drastic. Still, surgeons like doing them. In my day they used to get 600 quid for 45 minutes work. Nice going! Ooh I bet I'm going to get an avalanche of abuse now. I'm ready. Haven't been ticked off properly since I had some madcap idea about trying to save a couple of Buddhys out in the wilds of someplace unspellable...I was sent a really good one about saving a rainforest the other day....anyone want to see it? Ducks...

G

Re: It was a cunning plan by surgeons...

to make a quick buck (or 600, that sounds cheap). Any recurring problems and we'll take out yer hystericals, that'll stop you coming to see me. I won't die of embarrassment, it will be something else, more of which I could tell under different circumstances.

How are we going to save the rainforest now the americans have shown their true colours and don't give a £$%^ about the rest of the world.

Now thats going to start something. You and me both in for torrents of abuse.

G

Oh, what the hell...

...while they're pounding away at our rhinoceros skins they won't be tearing the wings off fairies or building hamburger joints in the Hamble...doesn't anyone want to see the lovely rainforest petition I got the other day? I know. I'll put it in TheSeaMag for anyone who would like their grandchildren to have air to breathe when they reach our ages...I'll put a text link to the petition, which can be copied and e-mailed out by anyone who gives a damn (it's quite impressive, it already had 300 signatures on it, from all over the place, when we got it, we're the 301st), on the MORE INFORMATION page which is off the blue welcome page you get when you click on Come Aboard on the front cover. There. Problem solved. the planet rescuers can get on with it and arthur can keep stuffing down the scallops. Now I'm up for some PROPER abuse! Cheers!

G

Re: You\'re either unmarried or...

I thought I'd get a response from somebody, but I wondered should I start a new thread and possibly get more verbal.

I unfortunately have to be termed a stink pot with two 90hp two stroke outboards.

BOATING mag in the US (Editors and all) refer to those who use sails as "sailbotes" in a derogeratory manner. Must be a form of inferiority complex ?

Oh well I better open another cold one.

Cheers

PS I do enjoy the cans draftflow Boddingtons when friends bring them out. I have to give it a little chilling.

G

There! \'Tis done! Now...

...the server just has to notice that there's a new page with a new link to it this may take some minutes, or even hours), and anyone in the mood for saving the world will be able to nip in smartly and do it! If I had known this petition was coming I would have saved my gauntlet for it. Wrecking treasures is stupid but wrecking our oxygen supply is suicidal! There, now we can stand back and await the cries of 'But what has this to do with boating?' and other less savoury remarks. I don't care. I like breathing and I believe most people, given the choice, would rather breathe than not. And anyway, what makes people think that being into boating excludes one from being into anything else. I live on a boat. I work on a boat. I shall probably die on a boat but I'm interested in thousands of other things too. Like having a planet to sail around...Cheers! You're a good sport, Mr. Nightingale! Incidentally...what? No photo?!

G

Well...if you send in a photo...

We'll do a little something to see if anybody sailing in your direction, sooner or later, might see their way to bringing you an extra can or two! A Wanted poster! Wanted For Drinking - One six-pack of Boddingtons on St. Kitts... The Rogues Gallery has a space marked DG in it, just waiting...

G

Re: Selling it to the wife - Medical query? (part II)

No it normally lasts for years on end, in fact it never ends.

G

Re: Consider yourself lucky!

what are yoo barking on aboot noo..... sex after marriage is better than before it cos yoo doont have too hide anymoor !!!!! unless yoo really wants too..... Yoo is reet though he has got a gem of a missus what happened too wanting proper reinforced decks so she can wear her high heels withoot pogging the grp ? just wait until its raining then ask her again what she wants; itll probably be 4 walls and roof, say no more.....

G

Re: Whash that about Jersey Mole fish? ;-)) nm

Mersey Goldfish, what be they then ? We had a dolphin stuck in the mercury/cyanide water that represents itsself as t`t mersey..... As for mersey goldfish I cant say Ive seen one but like everything else in mersey they float belly up to try and get away from over 50years worth of heavy chemicals such as mercury/lead/cyanide/cadmium plus all their chlorate/sulphate/borate compounds that have been uncermoniously dumped into what is a fairly nice place..... They tried to clean it up once but the cost shelved the plans approx 40-60million squidto clean the water and the silt, it was shelved because they couldnt guarantee that the chemicals wouldnt be released further into the water. The water is a dirty brown colour cos all silt chems etc... never settle properly so everthing hangs in suspension, dont whatever you do bring your nice boat up mersey past liverpool otherwise it will just get eaten by the water.....

G

Re: no photo is reet.....

well if we all end looking like mr bluebeard then itll look more like a hall of shame not fame.....