Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Cruise - Spring 2013

Ru88ell

Visit site
Has everyone emailed Holly or PM'd PhillM with their details? Can you please do so as I have marina staff hassling me for info. ;-)

prv

Visit site
Has everyone emailed Holly or PM'd PhillM with their details? Can you please do so as I have marina staff hassling me for info. ;-)

I've got all the pertinent info in there, but no photo yet as I don't have one of the new boat. I can take one next weekend, but only if the Guide hasn't been closed and finalised by then - do we know when Phill's sending out the final version?

Pete

Ru88ell

Visit site
- do we know when Phill's sending out the final version?

Pete

Holly needs everything by Wednesday of next week at the latest. I've promised to send a watered down version to the marinas. What I do need is the length of all the boats so they can prepare mooring plan. Can people please PM me their boat lengths?

Ru88ell

Visit site
Of course, after you giving me info on them I should have remembered :rolleyes: You will be carrying on then after Poole for the around Britain Old Gaffers Assoc run :eek:

Not quite. She'll be loaded on her trailer and taken on the St Malo ferry for the Semaine du Golfe in Southern Brittany the following week. :D So in less than a month Zephyr will have done North Wales, South Coast and Brittany. Not bad for a West Midlands based sailor. ;)

PhillM

Visit site
Just back from business travelling.

Holly and I will get the final version out in the morning.

Pm or email me any last details.

All the emails will be on the document so there is no reason that somebody else cannot do a last last min version.

Newman

Visit site
Sorry for the delay.

Intrigue is 9.55 metres long. Am hoping full details were received earlier, together with photo.

Looking forward to meeting people.

Regards

Len (Newman)

PhillM

Visit site
Holly has worked on the spotters guide and sent out the final version (that we can deliver). There are a few holes in the info and Ru$$ell has kindly offered to fill in any and re-release providing that he gets the info in good time.

Hope everyone has a great time - and hope to catch up with you all in the near future.

Missing info:

Name:
RadiumRob
Ohmaggie
Mudisox
boatingworld2004

Description:
RadiumRob
Mudisox
boatingworld2004

Photo:
prv
Moonshining
Laundryman
BarryH
Chrissy
RadiumRob
Ohmaggie
Mudisox
Colhel
boatingworld2004

Radio/VHF/DSC:
Ru88ell
Zagato
Prv
Paul_G
Giblets
ronmason
Moonshining
Laundryman
Simondjuk
Chrissy
RadiumRob
Ohmaggie
Mudisox
boatingworld2004

Call Sign:
Zagato
Newman
ronmason
BarryH
RadiumRob
Ohmaggie
Mudisox
Colhel
boatingworld2004

MMSI:
Zagato
Newman
ronmason
BarryH
RadiumRob
Ohmaggie
Mudisox
Colhel
boatingworld2004

Mobile:
Ronmason
RadiumRob
Mudisox
boatingworld2004

Email:
RadiumRob
Ohmaggie
Mudisox
boatingworld2004

prv

Visit site
Missing info:

Photo:
prv

Yep, will try to remember to take a piccy this weekend. Sadly will be of the boat's bum rather than front as we turned her round to put the sails on a couple of weeks ago.

Radio/VHF/DSC:
Ru88ell
Zagato
Prv
Paul_G
Giblets
ronmason
Moonshining
Laundryman
Simondjuk
Chrissy
RadiumRob
Ohmaggie
Mudisox
boatingworld2004

I imagine most of us left that blank as we had no idea what was supposed to go in it :). There are separate boxes for callsign and MMSI, so what goes in the "VHF" box? One person put "yes", which I guess makes a kind of sense, but is surely obvious if we've filled in callsign and MMSI.

Sorry, just nitpicking - thanks for coordinating the list, especially since you're not coming yourself :)

Pete

Ru88ell

Visit site
Thanks PhillM and Holly. IOU £5.

Another question: Do you think a week is long enough for us to agree a channel for the 'event'? What did we use last time?

prv

Visit site
Last edited:

PhillM

Visit site
Just a reminder, IIFC the original idea was so that people could spot each other out on the water and take photos of each others boats, so that they could be swaped.

prv

Visit site
Just a reminder, IIFC the original idea was so that people could spot each other out on the water and take photos of each others boats, so that they could be swaped.

Ooh, good point. One thing I regret is that we never got a decent set of pics of Kindred Spirit under way during our ownership. Would be good to get some of Ariam, without having to resort to my plan of abandoning my photographic but resolutely landlubber housemate in the tender and sailing circles around her in Southampton Water :)

Pete