Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Cruise - Spring 2013

Simondjuk

Visit site
Utter poppycock.

I may have mentioned something about flares above Porta Pottis, but that is a statement of fact, not an insult. As I recall, I didn't even relate that comment to you or your boat. You made the connection yourself.

The bottom line is that you cannot quote where I have insulted either you or your boat because I have not done so, and frankly I'm rather mystified as to why you imagine that I have.

It is also true that I think you talk a good deal of nonsense at times and challenge you on some of it, but again there's no insult in it.

Last edited:

ronmarson

Visit site
Just a quick note for those that are interested. I made it to Galway.
Lots of adventures, lots of strange beer, lots of wonderful people.
Thank you to the scuttlebutt crew for the 'Kickstart'.
Capt. RoN.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Hey, Ron, da do Ron Ron.

Have you seen my next Scuttlebutt meet? Fowey, in Cornwall. Shall I put you down for it? It's not until June, so if you set off this weekend..... ;)

ronmarson

Visit site
Thanks for the invite Ru88ell but now I am back in the bosom of my family it will be a while before I set off again. I had all my grand children waiting on the quayside jumping up and down and cheering as I came in. So you see, contrary to popular belief, someone does love me.
My only problem now is, the earth seems to be moving all the time.
Might see you next year as laundryman invited me to crew for him.
Fond memories.
Capt RoN

ronmarson

Visit site
Just a quick update on the voyages of the good ship 'Ortac'.
I sailed round Ireland this year, clockwise, it took me 90 days and I visited 50 harbours, well after last years cruise I needed something to challenge me.
It would make a great 'cruise in company' if anyone has the time I aim to do it again anticlockwise in 2015.
So much to see, so many wonderful people to meet, and so much Guinness to drink.
I still think of you all and the great times we had.
Capt. RoN