Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Cruise - Spring 2013

lustyd

Visit site
LustyD,

this is presumably following the same principle I used on the Anderson as a teenager, ' you won't get pregnant if standing up at the time ' !

Now there are two views on this, the first is that I won't get pregnant either way. The second is that I'm already pregnant - ale has a lot to answer for :eek:

prv

Visit site
And I really can't imagine 7 being onboard Live Magic at once. I think it was Mordor we were on.

Was this on the Friday night in Lymington?

Don't think I was there for that bit, but I have vague memories of cooking lots and lots of cheese-on-toast for visitors on Ariam.

Pete

Ru88ell

Visit site
I eluded to it earlier, but I won't be around to 'organise' this next year. Zephyr is for sale and I'm hoping to have something a little bigger by next Spring moored down in the South West. Mind you, I might see if there's a similar problem down there; people who've never sailed beyond the Plymouth Breakwater.

lustyd

Visit site
Was this on the Friday night in Lymington?

Don't think I was there for that bit, but I have vague memories of cooking lots and lots of cheese-on-toast for visitors on Ariam.

Pete

No the following morning. We did indeed have cheese on toast on Ariam (much appreciated) after the post pub drinks on Pardus. Alan's breakfast was an effort to get us all able to set sail again, and it worked a treat!

Chrissie

Visit site
So frustrating, I haven't seen the article yet, but several people have told me I should, My boat is on the scrubbing pad at the moment, and I am sat waiting for enough water to be able to row out to her for the night. Shame I left my dinner on the boat, forgetting I couldn't get back on board till midnight! All this talk of breakfast, my tummy has only seen a pot noodle today and Its growling loudly.

Laundryman

Live in Hemel Hempstead, Boat is in Haslar.
Visit site
My digital copy only became available today. I have to admit to being disappointed with the article. So many inaccuracies. It may be just a junior journalist on a learning curve but it was just as amateurish as my sailing! If that's the standard of journalism today, no wonder they say you can't believe what you read in the newspapers.

On a positive note, I really enjoyed the cruise. Great sailing, I met some really nice people and enjoyed every minute.

Reluctant or not, Russell deserves applause for making it happen. Thanks. Alan

lustyd

Visit site
Anyway of putting the article up on here? I won't be going into town for a few days to see a copy...

I'd have thought YBW would have a problem with us posting the current magazines articles online, probably won't help them sell copies :)

Simondjuk

Visit site
According to one of the photos and its caption, my mate Tim has taken my name and is now co-owner of Pardus along with my wife. Or is she his wife now?!? I liked her too dammit, hard to find such a tidy boat. :)

Seajet

Visit site
Well you're the expert at it, PRV Pete; Simon has also come out with some howlers so shouldn't be surprised if I comment on the fact; as for ' out of the blue ' I sorted out the original tide times and marina slots etc for that trip. :rolleyes:

prv

Visit site
as for ' out of the blue ' I sorted out the original tide times and marina slots etc for that trip. :rolleyes:

Yes, months and months ago. Then yesterday evening you suddenly popped up and called Simon a git for no apparent reason. That's what I mean by "out of the blue", and that's why Alan remarked on it. It's rather an odd way to behave.

Even if you think it's somehow justified based on events in another thread (though I don't know what events or where), the conventional response would be to continue the debate (preferably with rational argument rather than childish name-calling) in that thread, not interjecting it into hitherto civil conversation elsewhere.

Pete

Simondjuk

Visit site
The only thing I can recall saying, on an entirely different thread, which Seajet seemed to find insulting and perhaps considers to be a 'howler' was that a person who steps off a boat only to find themselves stuck in waist deep mud is a cretin.

Since Seajet has ignored my request that he identify which post he was referring to, I shall have to assume it was the one I mention above, on which my opinion remains. It is a rather silly thing to do.

However, since it's Seajet and not me who has referenced various posters as 'smart arses', 'gits' and 'winkers' without reason within the last twenty four hours, I shall have to defer to his vastly superior expertise on the subject of hurling insults around.