photobucket won't work

In what way "won't work"?

All you need to do is put the URL of the picture between
tags.

Pete

lustyd

Visit site
Pete,

I've tried everything I can think of, used to be able to post pics easily but not now; photobucket won't work, and trying the direct load system either says I have overloaded it ( file size is normal ) or just refuses.

Andy
You need to untick the checkbox on the url tab which says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Ru88ell

Visit site
I'm getting really hacked off now. This is my thread and it isn't about bloody Anderson 22's. Got it? :p

Ru88ell

Visit site
I was joking!! I even put one of those crappy new face things that are impossible to see.

Now, about Poole. Are we going to Studland first?

russell,

A, I'd said ' apologies for the thread drift ( which was not at my request or wish ) and back to the Poole trip

B, Since when was the cruise to Poole ' your ' thread ?

C, I organised the trip while you and Phill were indisposed, then you took over once you were well again without any courtesy whatsoever...

D, it's a shame I won't have my boat operational this time to run rings around you but count on it next year.

E, Read all the posts before firing off such missives.

Seajet

Visit site
Russell,

if so my apologies, I'll try to delete my reply.

I reckoned with the tide as it will be it would be favourite to get to Studland, anchor and have a meal ( even row ashore to the Bankes Arms if the boat is safe, it's a lovely little walk ) then enter Poole when the ebb tide has died down in the late afternoon.

This is the snag for people who have to be back to work on the Monday, get there Saturday PM, leave Sunday AM !

Best option if one has to work seems to me, get the train back and leave boat crew to bring her back as time and weather suit, I have done this the other way around in the past and sent chums off on the train - there are good stations at Poole and Wareham - then brought her back solo, it's not exactly something to worry the likes of Sir Francis Chichester !

Seajet

Visit site
Further on, at Studland I'm wondering if we* could organise something like one boat with a decent inflatable and outboard getting people ashore and back, while others staying aboard keep watch and have mobile numbers ?

The beach and walk through the woods to the Bankes Arms is quite lovely if conditions suit.

Just a thought,

Andy

* I hope to be along at least part of the way on a friends' boat, depending on health.

ashoreStudland-2.jpg

Studland Bay, Ist pic obviously on the high water mark, second, after a pleasant stroll through the woods, the view from the Bankes Arms.

ViewBankesarms-2.jpg

Studland.

Last edited:

BarryH

Visit site
If a trip to the Bankes Arms is on the agenda then you have to sample their own brew Studland Wrecked. Drink it with caution.......

ronmarson

Visit site
Bring it on... After years of trying to acclimatise to Irish Guinness I will drink almost anything.
This trip just gets better.
Did any of you nice folk do my anti fouling?
Capt. RoN

Seajet

Visit site
I find at Studland the depth goes down to 10' quite a long way out, then stays like that to close in, it's a case of looking over the side for a sandy, non weedy spot to plonk the anchor.

As long as one is sure of the anchor, going ashore and walking through the woods and up the hill to the pub is quite magical, though I admit all the time I was in the pub garden I was trying to spot if the boat was still there, I'm a born worrier.

That's the beauty of a rally like this, there should be somone staying around, if only to call on the mobile ' Andy your boat just set off for Cherbourg ' !

Ru88ell

Visit site
Is there scope to raft up in Studland? We have a couple of 'mother ships' listed. I'm sure us 'babies' could just hang off the side to save distressing the horses.

lustyd

Visit site
Does the post still work in this country? Still not received any more 'cheques in the post'. :confused:

Although I am old enough, you may want to explain to half the audience what a "cheque" is. Relying on a postman to transfer funds these days is like relying on a sponge to bail out the Atlantic!

lustyd

Visit site
Although I am old enough, you may want to explain to half the audience what a "cheque" is. Relying on a postman to transfer funds these days is like relying on a sponge to bail out the Atlantic!

Sorry kids, a "sponge" is what people used before those plastic net thingies while in the bath...