Scotland - When do you plan to launch?

ctva

Visit site
I recon that travel restrictions will be lifted when the advisor think it will give the biggest boost to her election results so my money is on the end of April.

So much for her "lead by the data" mantra where like you ProDave, we are in ED which has 39.6 7 day rate, again should be Tier 2 but hey ho, she'll use any excuse to maintain Stalag Scotland for as long as she needs and not the needs of the country.

At least I can go to the boat now for the day even with a 200 mile round trip to do essentials.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
I recon that travel restrictions will be lifted when the advisor think it will give the biggest boost to her election results so my money is on the end of April.

So much for her "lead by the data"
That ship has sailed. Unlike many voters I still have a memory and will not forget being locked up longer than the data suggests, particularly after all the mantra about we will be led by the data. Yeah right only when the data supports their master plan.

If they think ending or easing the lockdown just before the election will make me vote SNP she can think again.

Quandary

Visit site

So much for her "lead by the data" mantra where like you ProDave, we are in ED which has 39.6 7 day rate, again should be Tier 2 but hey ho, she'll use any excuse to maintain Stalag Scotland for as long as she needs and not the needs of the country.

At least I can go to the boat now for the day even with a 200 mile round trip to do essentials.

Oh God! is she persecuting you poor Tories again, nasty woman, or perhaps your political opinions are as screwed as they appear to be. Stalag Scotland, did you come up with that one yourself?
Down here in Argyll we are appreciative of now having cases in single figures but dreading the day all you Rangers supporters are released to infect us all over again,

yotter

Me Inverkip, boat Kip in winter, Craobh in summer
Visit site
I live in south Manchester and keep my boat on The Clyde. It's been on hard standing since Oct 2019. My last visit was mid-summer 2020 and I stayed in a nearby hotel for a couple of days. Reading this thread, I'm starting to fear that the forthcoming season is also going to be a washout for people in my situation. The boat has 7 batteries and they haven't seen charge for months. The marina office does not hold spare keys. All very problematic but has to be seen in the context of managing the pandemic.
Skylark,
It might be worth posting some spare keys to the Marina and asking for the betteries to be put on charge (assuming you have a multi-stage intelligent cherger with shore power.

adwuk

Visit site
Down here in Argyll we are appreciative of now having cases in single figures but dreading the day all you Rangers supporters are released to infect us all over again,

Down here in Argyll some of us run businesses, and those of us that do are very much looking forward to the day when visitors are allowed to come and enjoy all that this part of the world has to offer.

Ink

Visit site
I'm in the water already (Holy Loch) and just seen on cruising scotland facebook that you can now visit your boat for maintenance in line with second homes!

The maintenance has to be 'essential' - both with boats and second homes.

Ink

CapPugwash

Visit site
So I have just realised that the James Watt Marina is located within the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board Area along with Glasgow and a huge surrounding area. I am correct in rembering that the travel restrictions were by health board area? If so then I expect James Watt will do a roaring trade as soon as we go back to the tier system.

Last edited:

yotter

Me Inverkip, boat Kip in winter, Craobh in summer
Visit site
I
So I have just relaised the James Watt Marina is located within the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board Area along with Glasgow and a huge surrounding area. I am correct in rembering that the travel restrictions were by health board area? If so then I expect James Watt will do a roaring trade as soon as we go back to the tier system.
think that they go by local area, JWD being in Inverclyde.

ctva

Visit site
Oh God! is she persecuting you poor Tories again, nasty woman, or perhaps your political opinions are as screwed as they appear to be. Stalag Scotland, did you come up with that one yourself?
You make a lot of assumptions.
Down here in Argyll some of us run businesses, and those of us that do are very much looking forward to the day when visitors are allowed to come and enjoy all that this part of the world has to offer.
Typical retired incomers. (Only kidding Q ;))

adwuk

Visit site
This was posted locally - and we have to use blue bags in our shop, as most people wouldn't be seen dead carrying anything green! :)

Tarbert.jpg

Last edited:

wully1

Visit site
I don’t run a business but look forward to normality returning to Argyll and the rest of the country but contrary to the hard of thinking on here I prefer the slow, steady pace that will result in no more lockdowns. How would business fair if this was to happen again? It would certainly wipe out the summer season this year Which is going to be tough enough.

Im surprised that otherwise intelligent sounding people on here would want to risk another lockdown for the sake of some patience.
As far as I know none of the impatient ones have any qualification that would allow them insight into pandemic prevention unlike the folk advising the politicians who have the unenviable task of trying to manage this situation. They seem more upset that they aren’t being allowed to play with their toys...

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
I don’t run a business but look forward to normality returning to Argyll and the rest of the country but contrary to the hard of thinking on here I prefer the slow, steady pace that will result in no more lockdowns. How would business fair if this was to happen again? It would certainly wipe out the summer season this year Which is going to be tough enough.

Im surprised that otherwise intelligent sounding people on here would want to risk another lockdown for the sake of some patience.
As far as I know none of the impatient ones have any qualification that would allow them insight into pandemic prevention unlike the folk advising the politicians who have the unenviable task of trying to manage this situation. They seem more upset that they aren’t being allowed to play with their toys...
No More lockdowns can only be guaranteed if we stay locked down long enough to totally eradicate Covid, and THEN seal up ALL the borders with no entry whatsoever without tightly controlled proper isolated quarantine.

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
Visit site
No More lockdowns can only be guaranteed if we stay locked down long enough to totally eradicate Covid, and THEN seal up ALL the borders with no entry whatsoever without tightly controlled proper isolated quarantine.
Indeed. The situation in Brazil is dire in the extreme so the potential to import the virus only seems to worsen as time passes. I understand that Poland and Eastern Europe generally is seeing another upsurge. Border control will be vital.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Where did you get that figure from? I get mine from here Tableau Public This is the one linked to by the Public Health Scotland website so you would think it could be trusted.

That (updated yesterday) shows 7 day rate 36.5 cases per 100,000 population for Highland, well within Tier 2 even with the new "strenghtened" tier ratings (that would have been tier 1 under the old measure)

No doubt if there are higher figures somewhere else the Scottish government will use the higher figure when it suits them. But with something like this I would not expect there to be a different set of figures over 10 times higher.
I get my figures from TravellingTabby, which is showing 35 cases per 100,000 for Highland over the past seven days. Unfortunately, the new system uses the 28 day case rate - our 7 day rate here is 16 per 100,000 which is well within the new Tier 1. The good news is that if numbers stay as they are, or continue to fall, we should be in Tier 2 (Highland) and Tier 1 (Galloway) within three weeks or so. Which is why I can't see why they hope to put the whole country in Tier 4 at first. Seems very pessimistic.

Other threads that may be of interest