Scotland can go sailing on 28th May?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Don’t bother shopping in Lochgilphead. the Coop shelves are usually quite empty.
Is that now? I generally find it pretty good in the summer, though I still miss Cairnbaan Stores. My local Co-Op is OK, but even at the best of times their logistics seem a bit dodgy and they have a tendency to run out of unexpected things at regular intervals. Oh look, no butter.

D

Deleted member 36384

... My local Co-Op is OK, but even at the best of times their logistics seem a bit dodgy and they have a tendency to run out of unexpected things at regular intervals. Oh look, no butter.

Exactly the same as my local Co-op. It was explained to me that the smaller Co-ops are restocked at a lower priority to the large ones. Hence, as the tills ring through stock reduction numbers the warehouse is prioritising the larger stores. Our veg counter appears permanently depleted. They opened a new distribution at the large M8 industrial distribution hub and closed a number of smaller ones a couple of years ago but I don't think that helped. I remember their "Yellow Label" brand which we used to stock the boat with in the late 70's, usually from the branch on Great Western Road in Glasgow, just up from Kelvin Bridge. We always had excessive amounts of rice with meals!

wully1

Visit site
I’m sure the AIS system wasn’t designed so that I can lounge about in bed drinking coffee and watching boats being launched on Marine Traffic? Especially as I can hear the travel hoist from my scratcher..
Nice to see things starting to get back to normal.

Cool App . :cool:

Quandary

Visit site
Any chance we will be past the 200 posts before Nicky spells it out for us a 12-30.
Shopping advice is always useful, that is if you think Lochgilphead Co-op is still involved in that business, not many signs of it recently.

D

Deleted member 36384

You guys are getting a tad previous, aren't you? I seem to remember our blessed leader mentioning any relaxation of internment would not be valid until tomorrow i.e. Friday.

Forum Rule: Never let mere details get in the way of rigidly held speculation.

adwuk

Visit site
You guys are getting a tad previous, aren't you? I seem to remember our blessed leader mentioning any relaxation of internment would not be valid until tomorrow i.e. Friday.

Damn, there goes that plan. Thought it was after lunchtime today. Looking at a nice still loch at the moment that, based on cormorant and porpoise activity, has some fresh fish in it.

dimdav

Visit site
Tarbert Co-op is getting better, but the independent shops have been brilliant, and one or two of the fisherman have been selling scallops etc direct. Looking forward to a spot of fishing this afternoon!
Need to wait a little longer as any changes wont come into effect until tomorrow.