Scotland can go sailing on 28th May?

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
You can sail with 1 person from another household if you can maintain social distancing, so don't both go down below together etc.

The travel thing has been done to death. If anyone asks me where I am going, I am on my way to B&Q there has never been a distance limit on that. then I might make the 5 mile detour on the way back to visit the boat.

I actually saw the first police car I had seen on the road since lockdown started on Sunday on the A9 (I was as it happens on my way back from B&Q) He overtook me and sailed off into the distance. So there is no heavy handed policing and I really doubt anyone is ever going to ask where I am going or how far.

cherod

Visit site
For the paranoid parent
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30152-1/fulltext

Let us be clear I have a 9 year with Autism which seems to be an issue for children and covid
A wife with a part of the right lung Missing
Me with a multiple facet immune disease that affects every organ in my body including the Brain with Autism and potentially OCD which I am still awaiting my assessment , thanks to covid

I have to say the panic and fear that this virus has started is worrying , it is like the War of the Worlds on the Radio away back in the day and people actually though it was happening .
Simple safe precautions , it is only a little bitty virus , it washes off your hands with basic soap and water and cannot get into you body unless you put it there yourself ,
Wash your hands!!
Im done here I feel like preacher telling you all god is coming and you all throw cabbages ?
Facts and truths drive me but also drives me nuts
Well said FG , quite amazing even in this “ enlightened “ age of comunication just how easy it is to herd the masses

wully1

Visit site
Scotland Coronavirus Tracker

The numbers are going the right way. Slowly.
Be warned though - you will still not be welcomed as you normally would be if you insist on travelling to remote/quiet/country areas. There is no Covid here, nor close by- there hasn’t been since the start of this.
Once outsiders start to arrive it will be here and guess who’ll get the blame?

It will get here sooner or later and will rip through our elderly community, just so that folk can have a wee holiday...

FlyingGoose

Visit site
Do you know in the middle ages they though the disease was in the Air and called it bad air
they though it was all around you and could spread by Just breathing Bad air ,
That what people are thinking on here , they know nothing of the science, how a virus gets to infect or who it infects it is spread on fear and newspaper reports even when the facts are given to them they deny it like some one was telling them the moon was cheese
Because they know better they have read the news , but all they have done is accumulated fear the fear of dying,
Old people dying in the Highlands how is it possible are they all getting together tin a house spreading it around , get real , get up to date with the figures
i see no one challenges the facts I gave on numbers no one argues against them because they deny their very existence, they do not want to believe the truth , they think its there we space now and no one is welcome
Get real, I am big enough and ugly enough to take a talking to , even call me names , do not care , by gooly gosh any numpty wants to tell me I cannot go around my own country unless the law tells me , will be goose winged sharply
Scotland is for the people , is that not the Independence slogan, or is Scotland now back to clans holding onto their wee bit of sacred land , yer no welcome here wia yer virus , is that so
Get a grip people

FlyingGoose

Visit site
She added: “We’re also not intending to put a five-mile limit on the distance you can travel to, for example, sit with your parents in their garden.

“But we are asking you to use judgement, and increasingly as we come out of lockdown, I’m going to more and more be relying on you to exercise the good judgement that I know you will.

If, for example, you have to travel a long distance to see a relative outside, you’re more likely to perhaps go inside the house to, for example, use the bathroom.

“We don’t want you to go inside others’ houses in this phase because if you are infectious, maybe without knowing about it, you risk leaving the virus on surfaces inside the house and that would pose a risk to other people.

“Particularly if you are visiting elderly relatives, that is a risk we do not want you to take.”

Well then I have a boat and holding tank no problem's for me
Sturgeon: No five-mile travel limit to see your parents

FlyingGoose

Visit site
The chief constable confirmed his officers would not be stopping vehicles to check where they were travelling to.

The top cop said he trusted the majority of Scots to follow the new guidelines.

He acknowledged the "frustrations and the fatigue" of the public during lockdown, and expressed his thanks for adhering to the rules.

Sense at last
Sturgeon confirms 'No five-mile limit' for Scots visiting relatives outdoors

D

Deleted member 36384

My children, Mum, brother, cousins and nephews do not live on my boat.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
It will get here sooner or later and will rip through our elderly community, just so that folk can have a wee holiday...
Serious question: Is nobody going off the peninsula to, say, Lochgilphead or Oban for shopping?

By the way, it hasn't been kept out of Galloway, but cases are pretty low here and it hasn't ripped through our elderly population.

FlyingGoose

Visit site
My children, Mum, brother, cousins and nephews do not live on my boat.
exactly so how are they getting infected have to say this is nonsense form you Boots , you should know better the chances are nil if social distancing and good hygiene are in place ,
you are also assuming that my family to me are not important and I do not want to protect them , but I am taking the risk of going , because it out ways the depression the Autistic child being locked up, and for the family to get out,
This fear that everyone is a carrier is so not true it is a worry anyone has to go out,
Oh but they do the low paid general workers cleaning our bin , the supper markets and Burger King , brilliant guess what according to my statistics they are not dropping like flies no one is dying on mass in the 5 to 45 year old category, why is that even though there out there working day in day out with the public
Why are they not important too

Last edited:

FlyingGoose

Visit site
Serious question: Is nobody going off the peninsula to, say, Lochgilphead or Oban for shopping?

By the way, it hasn't been kept out of Galloway, but cases are pretty low here and it hasn't ripped through our elderly population.
One can
A, not have the virus when they got to their boat
B, Have enough food to last and when it runs out return home.
C,Sail to England were at least he Scots are welcome

What a palava , not interested in the science only about if there loved ones are going to get the death virus , which statistical has been proven not to To spread outside, unless you are hugging the person for 15 mins
Or do not wash you fecking hands , which we have been told to do
Goodness me its not rocket science, must be good getting paid and not a care in the world

Last edited:

wully1

Visit site
Serious question: Is nobody going off the peninsula to, say, Lochgilphead or Oban for shopping?.

Oban is like a ghost town, hardly anyone about. Hardly anything open. Most folk wearing masks.People are taking this seriously here.
unlike the twat who arrived in his yacht yesterday from Plymouth and has just been collected by helicopter...

asteven221

Visit site
I have had many conversations about the whole CV thing with my son who now lives in Oakland, California. The difference to their approach and ours is interesting and clearly worked and is still working now the rules are being relaxed. It's a simple concept. People are trusted and expected to be sensible, use caution and common sense. There are guidelines and everyone follows them, but the theme is being positive and getting back to as close to normal as quickly as possible. Businesses work around the problem with various interesting and common sense approaches to keep everyone safe. They get it. They also see a problem as a challenge to suss out and deal with everything positively. If there is a problem, they solve it. Their CV19 figures are very low per capita. The attitude is the polar opposite to many in the UK and some on this thread, who are all about doom and gloom, finger pointing, and being the authority on the moral compass. They are experts on the CV19 virus and are desperate to take every opportunity to preach in a school teacher way, the minutia of the governments rules/guidelines and what you can and can't do. Typically what you can't do of course. They are the CV19 secret police!

He also mentioned that hundreds of yachts out at the weekend in the San Francisco Bay Area, possibly a regatta.

I made the point that in the UK we have had 2 months of media and government propaganda telling us that we are all doomed to an early death by CV19 and understandably people are scared. I felt he made a great point when he made a suggestion which some on here might want to think about themselves, He said that if you are so paranoid and obsessed imagining all the different ways how you could give or receive a dose of CV19, then perhaps you are not bright enough to be trusted to go out. Those people would be better off staying indoors forever. Stop moaning and preaching to the rest of us. (Ok I added that last bit!). The point is if you can't see a way of staying safe outdoors, then please stay indoors. Don't go out as you are either sadly too scared which is a shame, or regrettably you don't have what it takes in the intelligence department to protect yourself and others. Whatever, can you not just stay quiet and leave the rest of us to take care of both ourselves and others whilst safely moving on with our lives?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Oban is like a ghost town, hardly anyone about. Hardly anything open. Most folk wearing masks.People are taking this seriously here.

Apart from the masks, that sounds just like Oban in the winter. I used to go there for work occasionally ...

I have only been to Dumfries once since this started, and that was just to Tesco on the bypass to buy a router, but Castle Douglas is much as you describe, although masks haven't taken off here. Only food shops and the bike shop are open, plus the home hardware place if you order in advance and collect from the back door.

unlike the twat who arrived in his yacht yesterday from Plymouth and has just been collected by helicopter...

Hard to see what harm he was doing as long as he didn't interact with people between yacht and helicopter.

awol

Visit site
What a generous soul - obviously doesn't want it anymore! Can I claim dibs on a pair of 46 or 48 winches if he has any, please?

D

Deleted member 36384

What’s the Plymouth Yacht Oban helicopter story? Tried looking at the Oban news paper on line and searching but can’t find anything.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
What’s the Plymouth Yacht Oban helicopter story? Tried looking at the Oban news paper on line and searching but can’t find anything.
Since Wully1 lives rather to the south of Oban, I expect the yacht arrival was there. Since any of his neighbours who get COVID-19 badly are likely to be transferred to Glasgow by helicopter for treatment, they'd probably be unwise to mine the landing ground.