restart the search for missing crew petition.

slipknot

Visit site
Signed petition, shared on Facebook, & just about to message US coastguard. I think it is likely they took to the liferaft and have hope that they will be found alive.

viva

Visit site
When one considers the amount of resource spent looking (still looking?) for the Malaysian Jet with no hope of survivors, it is amazing this search has stopped so early when there is still a good chance that there are survivors

Wandering Star

Visit site
Signed. As I mentioned in my original post, I am staggered the search was called off so swiftly. Sailors (generally) are a tenacious breed and there's no doubt in my mind the crew are floating around in their liferaft waiting to be found - and will be found! I like Dougs reasoning re the crews PLB's being activated consecutively which tends to show at least some of the crew are still together, most likely in the hull or the liferaft.

Cheery

Visit site
Signed. Like others on here I can't believe how easily the Americans have given up. The liferaft scenario offered above seems very plausible indeed. Here's hoping for a positive outcome.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
a petition can definitely have some effect

some may remember the "Grain de soleil" case, a sailboat sunk in the same area, after the initial search was called off, the petition and the amount of energy put in by various people led the Portuguese/Azores and French authorities to send a few more recognition flights, plus IIRC an oceanographic vessel. Some private boats were also hired from the Azores.

I hope the search is re-opened