Princess 43 Build

henryf

www.911virgin.com
6 month build Henry, looks like mid March 2016 we will handover. Wife busy getting fabrics and all sorts. She tells me 21 scatter cushions are ordered, I did ask her if she had been talking to JFM. Just got a funny look, so left it at that! ;)

Makes perfect sense to me, take a relatively small space and cram it full of scatter cushions so you have something to move when you want to sit down.

They do look good though.

I had a chuckle when I saw the list price of our scatter cushions on the build invoice. I've bought (much) cheaper cars. Maybe I just don't get the point.

Look forward to following your journey.

Henry :)

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Makes perfect sense to me, take a relatively small space and cram it full of scatter cushions so you have something to move when you want to sit down.

They do look good though.

I had a chuckle when I saw the list price of our scatter cushions on the build invoice. I've bought (much) cheaper cars. Maybe I just don't get the point.

Look forward to following your journey.

Ah yes, you've got to love "factory fit" scatter cushions. What are they, £100 a cushion I'd guess?

Enjoy your cruise Henry!

47GC

Visit site
Just back to the hotel from a great day at Princess, saw my boat going along the production line, furniture shop & electrical lume areas etc. Really interesting, those guys & girls at the factory are very skilled. Pics to follow shortly. Thanks to the guys at P & of course JB of boats.co.uk.

47GC

Visit site
All,
Quick dump of pictures into the post. This is from the factory visit in November time.

Hull Picture

Bow Furniture etc

Engine Room

Side Picture

Engines - Ducting Etc

Last edited:

47GC

Visit site
Ordered some new BIG fenders and covers the other day from M2M. Turned out well and will match the hull nicely. Will be ordering some Red mooring lines and fender lines to offset the hull colour. Think this will look nice.

47GC

Visit site
Just to keep you all up to date as I've been very bad at updating this thread. Sorry...

Boat currently lying at Plymouth, sea trials nearly complete. BCU planning to collect from factory next Friday/Monday, road transport to Essex. She will sit there for a few weeks getting all the toys fitted. Satellite TV Dome, Dummy Dome (All other stuff on radar moved into dummy dome, Sky, Apple TV, Sonos etc all integrated to the Fusion system. LED Boat Name Aft, IP Cameras on the radar arch and of course AnCam(r). Few other bits and bobs. Upgraded Raymarine to ES, so new bezels to all the Raymrine stuff to make it look good.

Once all complete I'll pop down to Essex sign off and have her trucked up to Loch Lomond. I'll try and get more pictures during the uplift stages etc and have them posted.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
A great looking boat and a wonderful interior even under the plastic.

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. Are you moving up North to say out of the grasp of JFM and his French magnet :)

Doesn't time fly!

jfm

Visit site
I was just going to say that: ask the truck to turn south out of BCU's Essex yard and you'll be in the med in the same time it takes to get to LL. That is a beautiful boat and would look stunning anywhere in the Med. You know it makes sense!

Congratulations anyway. You've chosen nice interior finishes and I like the dark cabinets on the fybridge. Putting the clobber into a dummy satellite dome is a nice idea - I did that and it cleaned up the mast nicely

What tender are you going to install? Or do you not need a tender on a Loch?

47GC

Visit site
A great looking boat and a wonderful interior even under the plastic.

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. Are you moving up North to say out of the grasp of JFM and his French magnet :)

Doesn't time fly!

Yeah, to colder climates.. Cant get away from JFM scatter cushions though. Wife has ordered 21 of them and I'm not joking! Need to check the money tree to make sure it is bearing the fruit! Ill post pictures in April of the finished article! ;)

47GC

Visit site
I was just going to say that: ask the truck to turn south out of BCU's Essex yard and you'll be in the med in the same time it takes to get to LL. That is a beautiful boat and would look stunning anywhere in the Med. You know it makes sense!

Congratulations anyway. You've chosen nice interior finishes and I like the dark cabinets on the fybridge. Putting the clobber into a dummy satellite dome is a nice idea - I did that and it cleaned up the mast nicely

What tender are you going to install? Or do you not need a tender on a Loch?

Don't really need a Williams yet, so were going to get a Yam Jet-ski later in the year for the kids. Weve got a small dinghy (230) that we will use to get off the boat to the islands (reminds me I need to order a Yam 6HP). Boat will be at Loch Lomond for the next 5 years or so then it will be down to the med as the kids will be older and will not want to spend anytime with me in LL. However if it's at Cala D'or or some other fancy port with nightclubs and loose women they may find it quite a fun yacht! Lucky sods!

Nigelpickin

www.cornishcottageholidays.co.uk
Don't really need a Williams yet, so were going to get a Yam Jet-ski later in the year for the kids. Weve got a small dinghy (230) that we will use to get off the boat to the islands (reminds me I need to order a Yam 6HP). Boat will be at Loch Lomond for the next 5 years or so then it will be down to the med as the kids will be older and will not want to spend anytime with me in LL. However if it's at Cala D'or or some other fancy port with nightclubs and loose women they may find it quite a fun yacht! Lucky sods!

You'll be in a P65 by then....BCU will let you know when you can afford one! :)