Plymouth China house

Salty.savage

Visit site
China House is on the east side of the Barbican over looks Sutton Harbour , Good food, with big open fires, Big tables for all the crew. Good beer

mMorales

Visit site
I've been there, really a wonderful place to eat. The beer is great, indeed.
The chicken is delicious! Don't miss the chance when you are there:)

BlueChip

Visit site
Two glowing reports by new forum members. To avoid disappointment I'd suggest taking a look at the Trip Advisor reviews before visiting. Personally I wouldn't cross the road to eat or drink in this place.

karl74

Visit site
Well I may only be a new forum member as well but having spent most of the last 22yrs working and living in Plymouth, I can say that i have spent quiet a few good evenings in the china house with no complaints. But there again I would happily dine at Cap'n Jaspers accross the water and drink in the cider press.
I can't see how you can judge someones coments on the merrits of the amount of posts they have on a forum.

Lakesailor

Visit site
I can't see how you can judge someones coments on the merrits of the amount of posts they have on a forum.
It follows a pattern. Plenty of people join to market their own businesses. The forum rules don't allow that except by reciprocal links.
Salty.savage has indeed posted on other topics, but mMorales has just joined and his first post on this subject reads like an entry in the Tourist Guide.

We shall see how it pans out.

doug748

Visit site
Been once.......and only once. Couldn't get served so gave up after ten minutes waiting and went elsewhere, in fact we went to the fisherman's arms up behind the barbican, now that's a decent pub in Plymouth!

One of my favourites as well, a proper local. Now sadly knocked down in the drive to gentryfy/yotify the area.

Salty.savage

Visit site
china House

That is a pity, China house lost out. I have been back last week end and found the service and food good value.
Its close to the boat and suits us

Lea25hk

Visit site
Really, I love beers, and I am looking for some place that will satisfy my taste buds, I will definitely add this to my list, after my visit to Hong Kong, I heard there are so many good bars in hong kong.