Old fashion values!

BarryH

Visit site
Taken from from a May 1955 issue of Housekeeping Monthly

1. Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before to have a delicious meal ready
or him on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been
thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when
they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part
of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives.
Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just
been with a lot of work-weary people.

3. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift
and one of your duties is to provide it.

4. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just
before your husband arrives. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper etc. and then run a
dustcloth over the tables.

5. Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to
unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order and it will
give you a lift too. After all catering for his comfort will provide you with immense
personal satisfaction.

6. Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if
they are small) comb their hair and, if necessary, change their clothes. They are little
treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimise all noise. At the
time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to
encourage the children to be quiet.

7. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire
to please him

8. Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him: but the moment
of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation
are more important than yours.

9. Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner,
or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of
strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.

10. Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquillity
where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit

11. Don't greet him with complaints and problems

12. Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count
this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day

13. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair, or have him lie
down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him

14. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low,soothing and
pleasant voice.

15. Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity.
Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with
fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

Try getting your wife to do this now and it'll be straight down the divorce court for you!

Johnjo

Visit site
Might be old fashioned, but sounds good to me!
Dunno what SWMBO would have to say about it? well I do actually
and none of it would be repeatable!

mike

ChrisP

Visit site
I've just mentioned this to Di.

Would anybody like to join me in egg's and bacon eaten through a straw.

ChrisP ;o))

What do you mean the sea gull in front's walking !!!

NorthernWave

Visit site
Printed this out and will leave it on the side when I get home, maybe she'll get the hint. Meanwhile must pick up the curtains from the taylors, wash her car, iron her skirts and shave her legs.

Chris

Buy my Fletcher please!!!!!

adarcy

Visit site
Re: Excuse me....

I'm a little confused.

From your last line and some of the responses you have received, am I to believe that some of your good ladies need something like this written down for them?

What an amusing idea! I normally find the ball and chain quite effective enough.

Well my father always said "keep them poor, barefoot amd pregnant then you won't get much trouble". I must surmise that some gentlemen have been letting the side down but they only have themselves to blame. Allegedly it is said "You must make your bed and lie in it", I have never understood the implication in the first part of that but never mind. Pip pip.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Glad to here it Pauline. New we could count on you to uphold the sanc titty of the femail race. Well done.

<font color=blue>
No one can force me to come here.<font color=red> I'm a volunteer<font color=blue>

Haydn