New Marina rules

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Extract from yesterday's paper about the new sex laws(slightly abridged for boat owners) :))

"Sexual activity in a "dwelling" or boat would be exempt - even if it could be witnessed through open curtains - whereas a couple engaging in sex in their own garden or cockpit, which could be seen from the road or pontoon would be guilty of an offence.

For the first time since the 19th century, the sex offences laws would be neutral in their treatment of homosexual and heterosexual behaviour. The proscription on homosexuals engaging in sexual activity in public or soliciting for partners - the so-called cottaging or berthing laws - would end.

Hilary Benn, the Home Office minister, said homosexuals meeting in a public or marina lavatory would avoid prosecution provided the participants were not seen.

"If the cubicle door was open then clearly an offence was committed. If it's closed, it's different," he said.

"No one wants to be an unwitting spectator to other people having sex in a public place. At the same time it's not intended to catch activity which takes place in private, which is no business of anybody."

Provided someone was not "reckless" about whether they could be seen, they could engage in sexual activity in public, he explained.

claymore

Visit site
If only these had been around

When George Michael was 'done'

Anyway - they obviously only apply to Southern English Marinas - you'd not be trying for the whisker splitting trophy in Croabh Haven - even in the middle of summer its nothing but Bluetits and Button Mushrooms

regards
Claymore

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: Oh yeah!

I know they've made homosexuality legal, as long as they don't make it compulsary, I don't give a shit what anybody does, as long as I don't have to watch it!

Opinionated

Visit site
But, officer, the bolt doesn't work!!

(I don't have to agree with YOUR opinions, but I'll defend your right to express them).

Aja

Visit site
Re: If only these had been around

Midgies would get there faster than the cold!

Donald

david_e

Names

thinks it is a boy, 'cause it says 'he' somewhere in the article. But if if he is proposing the relaxation of cottaging (not sure what that is) then he could be either I suppose, boy one day, girl the next:))

ecudc

Visit site
What about "hearing" other people having sex in public places. Even if the cubical door is closed the noise would probably infiltrate into a public area. Could take some explaining to your kid. Don't care if it's hetero/homo, closing a door in a public toilets shouldn't make a difference.

david_e

Being serious about it, I agree, what sort of example does it set to kiddies.

Remember stopping at M62 Birch services last summer one Friday evening en route to boat, to take 10 year old for a quick pit stop. Every single cubicle was locked and heads were visible and peering over in all directions. Ver strange and uncomfortable, and son made comment on it as well.

ean_p

Visit site
Re: Re; Croabh

Skate.........(no don't ask!!!!).....or Roger the galley boy.....

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ean_p on 31/01/2003 19:38 (server time).</FONT></P>

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Realistically, what kid doesn't know more about sex than you do by the time they're 7? Any comment is purely to make you squirm.

This isn't meant to be a frivolous post- my mother shared a bedroom with her parents for all her childhood, as did many other people at that time. Given she had two younger sisters, I guess she learnt all about that kind of thing fairly young. I can't help feeling we all get too sensitive about the subject when childeren are involved.

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: Ray\'s a laugh (surely)

It's actual.ly quite true, it used to be forbidden/frowned upon to land skate with that part still on them.

DavidofMersea

Visit site
Now lets get this straight

I have recently bought a beach house with large patio doors, overlooking the beach. Very soon I will move in with my Girlfriend.

If my Girlfriend and feel like bonking on the settee, which can be seen from the beach, does this law say that this is OK?

I don't want to bonk on the settee with an audience, I just want to know what I can and cannot do

David of West Mersea