New forum

Stemar

Visit site
When a group of people spend all morning describing you with four letter words only...it leaves you depressed for the rest of the day
When people do that to me, I tend to look at myself and decide if I am being an arse, whatever other bit of anatomy is involved. If I am, then it's time to modify my behaviour. If not, they're the problem and, if they annoy me enough, there's always the ignore button.

Bouba

Visit site
When people do that to me, I tend to look at myself and decide if I am being an arse, whatever other bit of anatomy is involved. If I am, then it's time to modify my behaviour. If not, they're the problem and, if they annoy me enough, there's always the ignore button.
I did the second half of your suggestion

Irish Rover

Visit site
I'm getting fed up with Moderation, does anyone know of any less moderated forums that are boat related?

I love the banter, knowledge base and humour but waiting for the next Sin Bin hiatus is nauseous.
I'm curious to know how someone can fall foul of the moderators posting about boats unless they are being abusive or, as happened to me, for using unacceptable language.

lustyd

Visit site
Ouch.....That's us told by a Facebook user.
Will of course relay your observations to our 200 club members. 👍
Not sure what your point is? You stated that your club was so bad you left Facebook as a result. Your club owns that group and chooses who is admitted to the group, they can require people answer questions to get in, and can eject people they don't want (i.e. non-members). If your 200 members can't get along on Facebook then do they really get on in real life, or are they just being polite in person?

MStuart

Visit site
I'm getting fed up with Moderation, does anyone know of any less moderated forums that are boat related?

I love the banter, knowledge base and humour but waiting for the next Sin Bin hiatus is nauseous.
That sounds awful.:eek:
Is it really that bad? How many times have you been Sin Binned?:unsure:

Irish Rover

Visit site
You would be surprised, it happened to me a few times and all I got back was refer to the t&c when I asked why I was in the Sin Bin.....
You've been on the forum since 2008 and have posted 1056 messages so you'd hardly be classed as prolific. I can understand how some posters who post multiple posts about multiple subjects almost every day might find it difficult to determine which of their posts caused offence but I can't see how you wouldn't know.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
I have been using this Forum since the late 90's, I think 1998; changed the name a couple of times to match the name on my boats. Moderators are needed but they do get it wrong sometimes. For example, a couple of months ago, I decided to sell my boat and I posted a question here asking where is the best place to put my boat for sale. The moderator cancelled my post, apparently I broke the rules!!!!. Obviously the Moderator had a bad day, got over enthusiastic and very silly.
Nevertheless, overall this forum is great and we should carry on; moderators come and go and some are better than others.

MStuart

Visit site
I have been using this Forum since the late 90's, I think 1998; changed the name a couple of times to match the name on my boats. Moderators are needed but they do get it wrong sometimes. For example, a couple of months ago, I decided to sell my boat and I posted a question here asking where is the best place to put my boat for sale. The moderator cancelled my post, apparently I broke the rules!!!!. Obviously the Moderator had a bad day, got over enthusiastic and very silly.
Nevertheless, overall this forum is great and we should carry on; moderators come and go and some are better than others.
You must have fallen foul of clause 2.4:
1690180312907.png
Or was your boat worth less than £400?
If it wasn't are you not being a bit unfair describing the Moderator(s) as "very silly"?

harvey38

Visit site
You've been on the forum since 2008 and have posted 1056 messages so you'd hardly be classed as prolific. I can understand how some posters who post multiple posts about multiple subjects almost every day might find it difficult to determine which of their posts caused offence but I can't see how you wouldn't know.
I pick and choose what I comment on and what I post! 2008, really? I did know that, wonder if there's a longevity bonus scheme 🤔

biscuit

Visit site

"Practical Boat Owner's Reader to Reader Share practical, hands-on information."​

Seems clear.
The site is divided into handy sections.
Your post is manifestly inappropriate to this section.
Perhaps the Forum might be more appropriate, depending on the contents your post.

Post thread

harvey38

Visit site

"Practical Boat Owner's Reader to Reader Share practical, hands-on information."​

Seems clear.
The site is divided into handy sections.
Your post is manifestly inappropriate to this section.
Perhaps the Forum might be more appropriate, depending on the contents your post.

Post thread
Fair point👍