New Bavaria motor boat - Dealer and Bavaria not resolving challenges - any similar experiences or suggestions?

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
After a few years floating about, i have come to the conclusion that you shouldn't buy a boat unless you've owned one before 🤔 :)
Very wise words.

I find that a high degree of inquisitiveness is immensely helpful. I can never understand people who post questions like "where is my bilge pump". Surely the first thing you do whenever you buy a boat is have a very good look at all the bilges, voids, etc? Not only might it save your life but an elementary knowledge of how things work can save many a weekend that would otherwise be spoiled by some easily rectified issue.

Seastoke

Visit site
Very wise words.

I find that a high degree of inquisitiveness is immensely helpful. I can never understand people who post questions like "where is my bilge pump". Surely the first thing you do whenever you buy a boat is have a very good look at all the bilges, voids, etc? Not only might it save your life but an elementary knowledge of how things work can save many a weekend that would otherwise be spoiled by some easily rectified issue.
I find that question hard to answer , as my bilge pump will be in a different place than yours. Mine is in the wardrobe.

julians

Visit site
Very wise words.

First thing I did when I got our axopar was to go around and find the auto bilge pumps (and switches) , manual bilge pumps, sea cocks, battery isolators, and fuel shut off, plus check the anchor winch was working, steering works, forward and reverse works, engine trim works, bow thruster works.

Possibly overkill on a new boat, but you never know. I still go through that checklist of stuff working every time I get to the boat after a few weeks away

Last edited:

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
First thing I did when I got our axopar was to go around and find the auto bilge pumps (and switches) , manual bilge pumps, sea cocks, battery isolators, and fuel shut off, plus check the anchor winch was working, steering works, forward and reverse works, engine trim works, bow thruster works.

Possibly overkill on a new boat, but you never know. I still go through that checklist of stuff working every time I get to the boat after a few weeks ago.
Very good.

Float switches should be checked regularly as they could be the only thing keeping your boat afloat!

Seastoke

Visit site
If the boat was sent to say Spain , would not The Spanish dealer be expected to cover the warranted work . Why are you asking me , I know fall.

Rob H 37

Visit site
Why not use this one WITH MORE INFORMATION on major issues.
You have been asked so many times now I’m starting to think you are avoiding this question for some reason.
You have the attention of some serious big hitters at the moment, don’t waste it.
? I expended on details on previous comment and havent replied to same qtn multiple time - and appreciates the super valuable comments. happy to share more if there was anything specific? as I mentioned a bunch of the smaller items, they have agreed to resolve (Few missing/faulty items) they have replaced a few, couple pending and then arranging the labour to fix them all - they are kinda agreed/no dispute and just need executing. Warranties remain ZIP, some damage on delivery etc still no clarity on - as I mentioned in general sentiment here, its being going since the start of the year and updates never come and chasing gets ignored this has been cavalier pattern all year

Rob H 37

Visit site
The op has been a forumite for 20 years with 96 messages , so not expecting any response 😳 😐
what can I say other than this was 1st opportunity to buy a boat lisk this and most of those years were more aspirational and learned from some of the posts - any how off piste

Rob H 37

Visit site
Also with boats I think there can be situations unresolved because the punter gets trapped in the middle of a dispute between component supplier and builder .
Builders blames supplier(s) and suppliers blame builder for poor / incorrect/ none adherence of installation.

A sort of buck passing exercise while punter is left with a busted boat .

Dealer has already replaced said component out of his own pocket and it’s busted again .
I feel there is a fair bit of this going on on the remaining items yes

Rob H 37

Visit site
If the OP is shy at airing matters widely he could select his learned forum friend of choice and PM his concerns thereby keeping his concerns more private.
no not realy - pretty green on here to be honest.

BTW earlier forgot to call out engines as Mercury and not Volvo (In case material)

Bouba

Visit site
My dealer kept promising and promising...till eventually he wore me down and I stopped asking

julians

Visit site
I expended on details on previous comment and havent replied to same qtn multiple time - and appreciates the super valuable comments. happy to share more if there was anything specific? as I mentioned a bunch of the smaller items, they have agreed to resolve (Few missing/faulty items) they have replaced a few, couple pending and then arranging the labour to fix them all - they are kinda agreed/no dispute and just need executing. Warranties remain ZIP, some damage on delivery etc still no clarity on

So they've agreed to fix all the smaller stuff, so the main sticking point now is the damage? Can you be specific about the damage the boat has sustained? what is damaged, can you describe it? or photos?

Damage sustained on delivery is obviously not a warranty issue, but should be rectified, and I guess this is where the problem arises and why things have stalled at this point. Presumably the delivery firm are saying they didnt damage it so wont pay for it to be fixed, Who engaged the delivery firm, you or the dealer? if you , then you probably need to take it up with the delivery firm, if the dealer was 'responsible' for the delivery then they should fix it and take it up with the delivery firm, but I can see that being troublesome in practice, time to start readingthe small print regarding the delivery I reckon.

and what do you mean by warranties remain ZIP?

Last edited: