New Bavaria motor boat - Dealer and Bavaria not resolving challenges - any similar experiences or suggestions?

Portofino

Visit site
Also with boats I think there can be situations unresolved because the punter gets trapped in the middle of a dispute between component supplier and builder .
Builders blames supplier(s) and suppliers blame builder for poor / incorrect/ none adherence of installation.

A sort of buck passing exercise while punter is left with a busted boat .

Dealer has already replaced said component out of his own pocket and itā€™s busted again .

Irish Rover

Visit site
The op has been a forumite for 20 years with 96 messages , so not expecting any response šŸ˜³ šŸ˜
You're probably right, since he was on the forum late last night but hasn't bothered to update the thread or respond to the many posters who've taken the trouble to offer advice.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
What a strange thread this is. Chap comes on with some issues but doesnā€™t say what they are.

People ask what the problems are.

Chap says he posted them several times on another forum but they got deleted then asks (on a motor boat forum) where he should post the issues with his motor boat.

Someone who firms pay 6 or 7 figures to have on their team says we need a bit of info before we (heā€™s not the only experienced bod on here) can advise (for free).

And still we are none the wiser as to what these ā€œsignificantā€ problems are.

Meanwhile a few armchair ā€œexpertsā€ take random shots into the dark.

Iā€™m damned if I understand how this internet thing is supposed to workā€¦..

Just to confirm that this isnā€™t AI generated Iā€™ll type the banana here and say marzipan is lovely :)

Fire99

Visit site
It's very hard to comment minus vast speculation, without exact details of the issues. I'm loath to make any sweeping 'finger-point' without at least a good overview of what the issues are. "Serious issues" can mean about a cazillion different things depending on the person.
The only conclusion I can come to at this point is that communication appears to be very poor between the vender and the client and that considering this is doubtlessly a very large investment, clear and concise legal advice is needed to find out exactly where the client stands and to compile a very structured process of action points in dealing with it.

On a side note, as already said, IF (and it's a big IF) the dealer / manufacturer are not playing fair and/or are ignoring communication requests, in this day and age, making the issue as public as possible often provides the fastest responses. In this era public perception is often the backbone of decision making so in a nutshell, show them to be a very bad company to a big enough audience and they'll often want to make the issue disappear pretty darn quickly..

PlanB

Visit site
Friends who had an ongoing problem with a Rodman in the end resorted to a lawyers letter rejecting the boat as being unfit for purpose and requesting a full refund. All issues fixed within weeks.

Fire99

Visit site
Friends who had an ongoing problem with a Rodman in the end resorted to a lawyers letter rejecting the boat as being unfit for purpose and requesting a full refund. All issues fixed within weeks.
I think that's the most constructive avenue. If all lesser routes have drawn a blank then spend a few quid with a lawyer and get a letter drawn up and give them an ultimatum...
It will be interesting if we ever hear of the outcome of this little saga..

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I seem to remember another forum member Scala who bought a Bavaria and also had issues mainly engine and performance related which were never resolved by Clipper or Volvopenta , the boat was put up for sale then a buyer for this boat came on here for advice on what to do as he wanted to reject it as it simply didnā€™t perform as it stated in the brochure ,the same issues Scala had, he had a battle getting his deposit back from memory , he took much advice from the forum , Iā€™ve no idea what the outcome was .