Nasa target 2 windvane

Refueler

Visit site
Do you mean SPEED or DIRECTION ?

As I understand it - only direction is user calibrated - speed is preset by factory. Manual gives how to calibrate / align direction .... which appears to be same whether its Clipper or Target unit.

Visit site
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I mean correct wind direction calibration,actually using the 4 potentiometers on the printed circuit board inside the unit.

This is seperate from making sure the unit is facing the bow,holding the wind vane pointing up the bow then holding all 3 buttons to orient correct boat to wind.

nasa just got back to me, they will not send me any information on how to do this, they said send them the unit, not worth it for the age.

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
What’s your desired outcome?

Is alignment with the bow not the same as directional calibration?
Alignment is with the bow, I know it sounds obvious but if the instrument is offset from the vessel centre line it must be in line with this not pointing at the bow! It is crucial that this alignment of the instrument is the first thing you do before any calibration. Must admit you are fighting if you don't know what the alignment pots do.😵‍💫 I believe that to set the "Dead Ahead" position you have to align as stated and then with power on briefly, short the blue and black wires to the sensor. FIG 2 Page 6 of the manual. (Too big a file to upload).
Edit: Page attached.

Attachments

• NASA.pdf
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site
Alignment is with the bow, I know it sounds obvious but if the instrument is offset from the vessel centre line it must be in line with this not pointing at the bow! It is crucial that this alignment of the instrument is the first thing you do before any calibration. Must admit you are fighting if you don't know what the alignment pots do.😵‍💫 I believe that to set the "Dead Ahead" position you have to align as stated and then with power on briefly, short the blue and black wires to the sensor. FIG 2 Page 6 of the manual. (Too big a file to upload).

Think you need to read his 'other' thread ...... see my post #5

Visit site
NASA have a good reputation for servicing gear and not overcharging ... unlike some brands I can think of !!

I know you want the info - but maybe its too deep into proprietary area of the gear ... they are just protecting their business ?
Yes i suppose they are
Hey Alex,thanks for the reply, i marked the position of the 4 pots before having a play after cleaning up both pcb boards, had alot of rust, sat them on a led light,and it showed the tracks really clearly.Got the windvane working very well from south all round to east, the SE quadrant is iffy, going to replace the rop wind vane as the magnet has really rusted away in parts, so this cannot be helping!