Mystere Flyer 26

Gin

Visit site
Get a copy of PBO 434, Feb.2003 from their copy service. There is a very nice review which should answer a lot of questions

jwood

Visit site
Thanks Gin - the report has been ordered and is on its way. Do you have any personal knowledge of these boats?

Gin

Visit site
No, not really only from considering one as a possibility when I was looking to buy.

I did view one and was impressed with what a lot of boat one got for a relatively small amount of money, but most will need at least cosmetic attention but if the hull is not too wet and the rigging/ sails of recent vintage it looks like a good buy.

The only thing I didn't really care for was the (little) wheel, instead of a tiller which is standard but I have come across adverts.(Mystere Clubman, I think), which may imply that some alternative spec.is available but I am guessing as I went no further.

Good luck

tillergirl

Visit site
There are two Mystere 26s at Heybridge on the Blackwater, a chum has one. Whether they are Flyer's I don't know but my chum is very pleased with his and I can't see that he's wrong. It sails well, has an old Yanmar that motored him to France and back in zero winds and appears well made. He has a tiller on his whereas the other one has a wheel and a deeper keel. I think like has been said you get a lot of boat for the money.

Steve_N

Visit site
Nice boat - looks really pretty under the water too:

p1010103.jpg

Definately not a flat bottomed boat..

plumbdoctor

Visit site
Buying a Mystere Flyer 26

I am currently negociating the purchase of "Flyer" the trouble is, it's in Southern Spain. Is it worth paying out to bring it home?

Florian

Visit site
Mystere 26

I have find one in St-Annaland in Holland
After a good look to here lines I new it was the boat I was looking for
I hade only to covings my wave, there was room for to
I both here and sailed here to Belgium

tjbrace

Visit site
Owned one for 8 years, very pretty craft. The wheel mechanism on ours was originally designed as a tipping mechanism for a concrete mixer - a massive bronze quadrant and pinion. Engine was scary though, Dolphin 12 hp s stroke petrol. To reverse, the engine was stopped and restarted backwards!!

crashtack

Visit site
Thread resurrection.

Does anyone know where any spares may be available? I've recently bought one from eBay at a bargain price and not unexpectedly need some bits to finish off the interior, specifically to convert the saloon berth to a double and possibly the infill for the forecabin V berth.

Alternatively, if there is a kind hearted soul out there who could furnish me with any plans to have a go at making them myself it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.