Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Hurricane

Visit site
Right change of plan. PCR is €89, but we can get an lateral flow €29 at the local pharmacy. The pharmacy has a booking system.
Steady!!
Have a look at this UK Government web page
Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England
Not all Lateral Flow tests are good enough - look particularly at the heading "Type of Test" on the above link.
In Sant Carles we have a Spanish National Pharmacy doing tests that don't meet the UK standards.
There were others though that did but we had to travel to the next town to get those tests - they cost us 40 euros per test.

We used Randox for our return PCR tests (Day 2 and Day 8) - I believe you now only need to do a Day 2 test.
Randox Day 2 PCR tests are £48 each.
Shhhhhh (don't tell anyone) but there is a discount code you can apply to online orders that gets you £5 off per test.
Just use this as your discount code "BritishAirways43" - it worked for us.

For me, these tests are just a punishment for me going out to Spain and enjoying myself!!!

mcanderson

Visit site
Steady!!
Have a look at this UK Government web page
Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England
Not all Lateral Flow tests are good enough - look particularly at the heading "Type of Test" on the above link.
In Sant Carles we have a Spanish National Pharmacy doing tests that don't meet the UK standards.
There were others though that did but we had to travel to the next town to get those tests - they cost us 40 euros per test.

We used Randox for our return PCR tests (Day 2 and Day 8) - I believe you now only need to do a Day 2 test.
Randox Day 2 PCR tests are £48 each.
Shhhhhh (don't tell anyone) but there is a discount code you can apply to online orders that gets you £5 off per test.
Just use this as your discount code "BritishAirways43" - it worked for us.

For me, these tests are just a punishment for me going out to Spain and enjoying myself!!!
Thanks, did my research before the flip flop and touts bon! Very much state controlled and a beautiful government certificate is issued. Much more formal than the scrap of grey paper we were given leaving Germany in April, but that’s another story.

John100156

Visit site
No slip of paper for us, we could not get it printed in time leaving early for the ferry when returning from SCM a few weeks back, but as Hurric. has said, a lot of us used a laboratory facility in an adjacent town which was IMO very fast and efficient, we checked the LFT met the UK Antigen test criteria, they emailed the test result within an hour of the test which we saved electronically to our phones, perfectly simple and acceptable at both border controls, ES and UK.

We also used Randox for D2&8 test kits; I was contacted every day and SWMBO 8/10 ten days, but no visit. A nuisance but no real bother.

What I found interesting was, when they asked on D2 if we had undertaken our test, I confirmed that we had but had not yet received the result, they said if no result soon the NHS could send another kit to us for free? Unfortunately, you needed the Randox Covid Test Booking Reference(s) for your Amber list - UK Passenger Locator Form!

I must say that I am getting sick to death, if you pardon the pun, with Covid, Covid, Covid its even worse than Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, lets hope Covid events in Spain do not escalate (wishful thinking) and restrictions can all be relaxed very soon, no not Amber +ve but Amber ----ve....! ? :sick: ?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
We did our lateral flow tests this morning at the Albir Family Medical Centre, very efficient, €40 each. Certificate issued, along with receipts showing payment as further proof the certificates are genuine. This is a small clinic, whilst we were waiting for the test results the phone was constantly ringing with people attempting to arrange tests for travel,, as well as a few knocking on the door. They were almost all turned away as everything for the next week had already been booked. The receptionist said they were doing approximately 200 tests a week.
So it would appear to be best to book early. Or go to the IMed in Benidorm where I’m told, there are sometimes long queues.

Hurricane

Visit site
We did our lateral flow tests this morning at the Albir Family Medical Centre, very efficient, €40 each. Certificate issued, along with receipts showing payment as further proof the certificates are genuine. This is a small clinic, whilst we were waiting for the test results the phone was constantly ringing with people attempting to arrange tests for travel,, as well as a few knocking on the door. They were almost all turned away as everything for the next week had already been booked. The receptionist said they were doing approximately 200 tests a week.
So it would appear to be best to book early. Or go to the IMed in Benidorm where I’m told, there are sometimes long queues.
We have really helpful reception staff in SCM. We just asked Josep (one of the marina staff) to book it for us about a week in advance and he confirmed our booking by email. But, as you say, others have found that these local medical centres book up really quickly. I believe that some aren't working on Fridays now or through the weekend so you have to plan carefully.

Portofino

Visit site
Theses guys called in today .
FDE0BD60-1C14-4EB4-B206-96241430572C.jpeg
Nice 70 ftr armed sufficiently patrol boat .
According to the local news last month it “ busted “ 22 boats in Imperia ( 20 miles W ) for tax evasion.

Hard to imagine something like this with HMRC plastered on the side patrolling up and down the Solent every WE , enquiring how you funded your boat ?

Or is it ?;)

Bouba

Visit site
Theses guys called in today .
View attachment 119458
Nice 70 ftr armed sufficiently patrol boat .
According to the local news last month it “ busted “ 22 boats in Imperia ( 20 miles W ) for tax evasion.

Hard to imagine something like this with HMRC plastered on the side patrolling up and down the Solent every WE , enquiring how you funded your boat ?

Or is it ?;)
So, what did you tell them ?

julians

Visit site
This thread is up to nearly 1500 replies and 64000 views. Must be up there in the most popular threads list, at least for the motorboat forum anyway.

And it hasn't been closed yet - we'll done all.

Bouba

Visit site
This thread is up to nearly 1500 replies and 64000 views. Must be up there in the most popular threads list, at least for the motorboat forum anyway.

And it hasn't been closed yet - we'll done all.
I’ve resurrected this thread several times to use as a depository for my much maligned photos

So, I’m sure you all now agree these pictures are a public service ???

mcanderson

Visit site
For those who are travelling back to the U.K. via Nice he is our experience.

Predeparture tests with local pharmacy in France. You need to prebook.

At the departure gate staff will want to see your Covid test and Passenger Locator form. On phone or iPad is fine.

Great flight with BA. a very good English breakfast and the coffee was better than I recall! M’s Earl Grey tea made to order.

Arrived at LHR 15 mins early, off aircraft quickly. No e-gates open, U.K. no queue for a friendly boarder force agent who quickly welcomed us back, no need to show passenger locator form and we were off. In the car 30 mins after landing.

Edit - update. Just had a knock on the door from test and trace! Less than 4 hours from landing!!

Last edited:

Chris H

Visit site
We downloaded all our documents to the tunnel web site and didn’t need to show any papers only passports, not had any visits but phone calls every day.

jcwads

Visit site
My experience flying from Nice to Heathrow on Saturday -

Checked in online, straight through security and passport control. They now stamp your passports to make sure you know that you are not in the EU anymore.

Not once was my test result checked or anything else on COVID.

Back at Heathrow, straight through auto passport gates, nothing checked further inc no test results or passenger locator form.....

Basically it was like it was pre covid....????

Bouba

Visit site
News just in (it was on the telly but so far I can’t find a link), the authorities are cracking down on boaters around Porquerolle. Record number of fines (over 100) including 4 who lost their boat licenses.
What they were stopped for I don’t know, was it reckless behavior or just routine stops I don’t know.
The point is, make sure your paperwork is impeccable
Will update if I find more information

Clancy Moped

Visit site
News just in (it was on the telly but so far I can’t find a link), the authorities are cracking down on boaters around Porquerolle. Record number of fines (over 100) including 4 who lost their boat licenses.
What they were stopped for I don’t know, was it reckless behavior or just routine stops I don’t know.
The point is, make sure your paperwork is impeccable
Will update if I find more information

Is Porquerolle on the new banned anchorage list? Have you got copy of new restrictions??