Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

John100156

Visit site
Can't really complain, I was over-heating earlier....!

Goodness knows when I can next get out to SCM, probably be September now, although trying to sort out August visit but doubtful, manic at work as always and 4th son's wedding on 30th...

wawando

Visit site
Hmmmm!
I watch for the spike from afar.
I‘m hoping to get out in September but looking doubtful now due to things kicking off again. I’ve heard the stories from middle age relatives with Covid and even though you probably won’t die, it’s really really nasty.
Our QE hospital in Birmingham has now cancelled elective operations due to lack of space.
“Be careful out there”
Note I said “they don’t care”. We do. Fully vaccinated and traveling but with care you can minimize probability of getting the bug and with full vaccination lower probability of sufering high impact if we get it.
But definitly little care is taken at the baleares when we where there (came back 3 days ago). We were in France before visiting the Nautitech factory and in La Rochelle and Bordeaux, also noted little care, too relaxed.
But we have to move on, when pressure on health system allows…
With vaccination certificate you can travel to France and Spain with no problem.

oldgit

Visit site
Chum has just got back from few days in Porta Petro, just round corner from Cala d Or.
Everything went well apart from a drunken fight on the plane on the way back and then getting pinged and told to isolate.
Presume both 10 day isolations are concurrant.
Meeting up after his self inflicted imprisonment later today and just dying to hear the full gory details about the punch up.

mcanderson

Visit site
Does anyone know if you can use a lateral flow test for departing France to England? If so where in Antibes would do it?
You can get them at the airport, but rather then get hit with a rush their we are doing our at the local Beaulieu testing facility.

Here is a link to the same company in Antibes. Laboratoire du Cap d’Antibes

Also have a look in pharmacies as some in Nice were offering testing when we were there on Saturday.

Last edited:

jcwads

Visit site
You can get them at the airport, but rather then get hit with a rush their we are doing our at the local Beaulieu testing facility.

Here is a link to the same company in Antibes. Laboratoire du Cap d’Antibes

Also have a look in pharmacies as some in Nice where offering testing when we where there on Saturday.

Awesome, thanks. Are you getting an antigen or PCR?

Caraway

Visit site
one has to ask the question as to if we have all had the jab and can not travel either within or out of the UK - as Herr Shapps is suggesting, then why bother with the jab. Certainly the jab would have provided few benefits in terms of safe travel even if entirely safe so to do. So I remain optimistic.

You seem to conflate the inocculation programme with the ability to travel where you wish. Oddly enough the aim of vaccinations is to reduce infection, serious ilness and deaths, particulalrly within the UK.
We can travel within the UK.
The travel restrictions are aimed at preventing Covid variants getting into the UK.
I don't see this "It is my personal belief that it is totally illegal preventing me from travelling". You know that the goverment make the Law?
Or are you relying on some wooly construct connected to Human Rights legislation?
Perhaps you could test the law, and report back.

Portofino

Visit site
Awesome, thanks. Are you getting an antigen or PCR?
As well as a RAT test within x hrs of departure .

You need to search Amber + return testing as France ( may not have been when you departed U.K. ) is now amber + .
You will be turned away from the gate if your passenger locator form has not got the reference number on it for a series of prepaid in advance tests .Irrc a day two PCR and a day 8 PCR in the the 10 days compulsory quarantine you have to serve .

Don’t bother “buying “ a 5 early release as thats not allowed with A+ designated returnees .Aside a plane load circa 180 peeps you will get pinged by the the time you put your house key in the door .

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Useful info for anyone heading to France - the French version of our NHS C19 app called TousAntiCovid now allows you to add your UK vaccination certs to it, allowing you to present in shops / bars etc. You must use the 2 separate QR codes (one for each vaccine.) from your NHS cert. FYI, I printed mine out and they wouldn't scan, so I just scanned them from my PC screen and they were accepted.
I’ve noticed that my NHS barcode has a barcode expiry date but when transferred to the TousAntiCovid there is no barcode expiry date shown. My NHS expiry date is August so just to make sure I will “reload” again for my (maybe) September trip.

markc

Visit site
As well as a RAT test within x hrs of departure .

You need to search Amber + return testing as France ( may not have been when you departed U.K. ) is now amber + .
You will be turned away from the gate if your passenger locator form has not got the reference number on it for a series of prepaid in advance tests .Irrc a day two PCR and a day 8 PCR in the the 10 days compulsory quarantine you have to serve .

Don’t bother “buying “ a 5 early release as thats not allowed with A+ designated returnees .Aside a plane load circa 180 peeps you will get pinged by the the time you put your house key in the door .
AFAIK 5 day test to release is still allowed returning from France

Moonstruck

Visit site
Chum has just got back from few days in Porta Petro, just round corner from Cala d Or.
Everything went well apart from a drunken fight on the plane on the way back and then getting pinged and told to isolate.
Presume both 10 day isolations are concurrant.
Meeting up after his self inflicted imprisonment later today and just dying to hear the full gory details about the punch up.
I’m a bit confused why your friend has concurrent isolations?? If he returned ten days ago it would have been green still? If he returns today and is fully vaccinated I still thought there was no isolation required? Of course I understand the isolation connected to being pinged. We know Porto Petro very well and have just returned. We found precautions taken there were very similar to the U.K. and in many places more enhanced. We have flown several times this year and have not been pinged for being on a plane as some would suggest is almost certain go happen. Maybe we have just been lucky!