Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Don't the current rules require a test?
Yes they certainly do. Within 72 hours of travelling, which could be a problem if our ferry is postponed or cancelled. But only a lateral flow test. And no quarantine for us being fully vaccinated. But that can all change. So keeping my options open until the last day here in Altea.

Hurricane

Visit site
Yes they certainly do. Within 72 hours of travelling, which could be a problem if our ferry is postponed or cancelled. But only a lateral flow test. And no quarantine for us being fully vaccinated. But that can all change. So keeping my options open until the last day here in Altea.
The whole thing is getting a bit stupid.
We arrived back in the UK on Friday and are supposed to isolate for 10 days.
Anyone arriving back on or after the 19th doesn't have to isolate (assuming double jabbed).
It isn't at all fair - just very inconstant.
I think I will please myself - I don't go out much anyway.
And I have been considering all this stuff as a "punishment" for going out to Spain to enjoy myself.

Ratkins

Visit site
We returned from spain 11th July been isolating, get a call everyday from the COVID police just waiting for the knock at the door

Hurricane

Visit site
We returned from spain 11th July been isolating, get a call everyday from the COVID police just waiting for the knock at the door
I had a call from them whilst I was driving.
We were, in fact, en-route to dropping our PCR sample off but I chose to ignore the call - I don't take calls whilst I'm driving.
They did call back this morning though.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
The whole thing is getting a bit stupid.
We arrived back in the UK on Friday and are supposed to isolate for 10 days.
Anyone arriving back on or after the 19th doesn't have to isolate (assuming double jabbed).
It isn't at all fair - just very inconstant.
I think I will please myself - I don't go out much anyway.
And I have been considering all this stuff as a "punishment" for going out to Spain to enjoy myself.
Yes, totally stupid. Will be interesting to see if the calls continue after tomorrow

14May1995

www.xpressions.co.uk
I had a call from them whilst I was driving.
We were, in fact, en-route to dropping our PCR sample off but I chose to ignore the call - I don't take calls whilst I'm driving.
They did call back this morning though.

They called me every day including day 10 (which was 11 days after we arrived as we flew in so early!!!). Called my wife but she missed about 2/3 calls early on and then they seemed to give up on her. No visits …but would have been amazed if they visited us in deepest Devon.?

Hurricane

Visit site
No visits …but would have been amazed if they visited us in deepest Devon.?
Likewise but not in the deepest part of Devon.
Deep enough not to have a mobile phone signal though - our phones only work with WiFi calling so they might be calling whilst we are away from the phone.
For example we have just spent the morning in the garden.
Personally, I don't really care if they contact me or not.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
0AE5B476-63EC-49E2-AA88-35B7AAE9F58E.jpeg
2 labs swimming back from the small beach between Altea and Benidorm. And we were asked for our papers by Guardia Civil, unfortunately we didn’t have our passports on our tiny open boat. Very friendly, not sure if they will take any further action
5A94BC4B-E616-41CC-9AF3-620A96E08F0F.jpeg
Then this lovely Grand Banks turned up. Fabulous day on and in the water

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
They don't care much for covid once you get there.
Hmmmm!
I watch for the spike from afar.
I‘m hoping to get out in September but looking doubtful now due to things kicking off again. I’ve heard the stories from middle age relatives with Covid and even though you probably won’t die, it’s really really nasty.
Our QE hospital in Birmingham has now cancelled elective operations due to lack of space.
“Be careful out there”

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
We are planning to take the boat over from Denia to Ibiza next week, we plan to anchor. We have our antigen tests with us to do before we leave Denia bit doesn't anyone know if we have to present ourselves anywhere in Ibiza to show the test pass or is it only if we go into a marina?

markc

Visit site
Useful info for anyone heading to France - the French version of our NHS C19 app called TousAntiCovid now allows you to add your UK vaccination certs to it, allowing you to present in shops / bars etc. You must use the 2 separate QR codes (one for each vaccine.) from your NHS cert. FYI, I printed mine out and they wouldn't scan, so I just scanned them from my PC screen and they were accepted.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Useful info for anyone heading to France - the French version of our NHS C19 app called TousAntiCovid now allows you to add your UK vaccination certs to it, allowing you to present in shops / bars etc. You must use the 2 separate QR codes (one for each vaccine.) from your NHS cert. FYI, I printed mine out and they wouldn't scan, so I just scanned them from my PC screen and they were accepted.
Great find
Just loaded my NHS COVID Certificate. QR code loaded from my iPad to iphone ok
Think I’ve just added myself to the French vaccination coverage.

Last edited:

Hooligan

Visit site
Likewise but not in the deepest part of Devon.
Deep enough not to have a mobile phone signal though - our phones only work with WiFi calling so they might be calling whilst we are away from the phone.
For example we have just spent the morning in the garden.
Personally, I don't really care if they contact me or not.
Over the past 10 months i have done 5 trips and hence been called circa 50x. Never visited although neighbors here in Hants have been. I think key is to answer the call, listen to the monotonous spiel - including if you wish to continue in English - and then be very nice to the caller. After all they have a shitty job, I suspect they get abuse every day, and they are just ordinary people trying to do their job who can I guess put a marker somewhere saying Go visit this guy. Hence a few extra minutes puts a lot of credit in the bank I think. Note, if you do the 5 day test to release then I strongly recommend not answering any call you get post this!!!