Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Do you need a dog to join this club?

We do not have one, but some friends in the marina have, they feed her on tinned Tuna and some form of crunchy bites. As they come down their pontoon in the morning and turn left, when we are on our boat 'Orange' turns right, she smells the bacon and chicken from 15m away. Have to say SWMBO is bringing pressure to bear on me, as I retire in December...

Mmmm rather feed the neighbours dog, she's a friendly and pretty little thing, she's off for her annual 3m sail around the islands with her crew, Neil and Claire, here they are on the back of our boat:-

View attachment 119671

Very nice but the best dogs are the ones you can give back to their owners:) Bit like children!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Unfortunately he has. You see all the dog refuges are run by women and they think castration is akin to having your ears pierced.

They practice on their dog before they try it on their husbands?

John100156

Visit site
Dinner tonight after my wife, very lovingly, jet washed the boat ?

Please translate the menu?

We can get 3 course Menu Del Dia with wine in Spain for ~11 Euros in Al Canar, close-ish to SCM..... mind you, total 7nm round trip so add cost of fuel 50 Euros, and a 10 Euro bung to the dockmaster in Al Canar, might be worth considering a move to SoF....!

Bouba

Visit site
Please translate the menu?

We can get 3 course Menu Del Dia with wine in Spain for ~11 Euros in Al Canar, close-ish to SCM..... mind you, total 7nm round trip so add cost of fuel 50 Euros, and a 10 Euro bung to the dockmaster in Al Canar, might be worth considering a move to SoF....!
The first is red mullet with garnish
The next is sirloin steak, garnished but without sauce (I think)
Sautéed chicken with chorizo (spicy pork sausage) and tomatoes
And what I had, a plate of doner kebab with salad and chips.
This is a very cheap restaurant by local standards and big portions ?

Bouba

Visit site
Is everyone sure that they want to come here?
The madness on the water means that you have to keep your wits about you all the time. And as for that quiet anchorage, forget it. It doesn’t exist !
This is how it looks from the sea and the restaurant

Bouba

Visit site
Thats being unfair on Grimsby. You can get excellent fish and chips in Grimsby which I'm quite sure you can't get in the PorkaRolls so IMHO that makes it better:love:
There was a time whenever we went to this restaurant in Porquerolle, the waitress would say, the usual? Of course it was fish and chips

D

Deleted User YDKXO

There was a time whenever we went to this restaurant in Porquerolle, the waitress would say, the usual? Of course it was fish and chips

Yes but it will be skinny little sardine like creature served with those horrible limp French fries. In Grimsby you usually need 2 plates for a massive fillet of their finest haddock and the chips are proper chips fried in dripping, not that disgusting foreign olive oil muck

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
Some friends in the UK sent us a calendar at Christmas - all pastoral typically English country scenes, I think they thought it would make us homesick. I asked them if they'd mind next Christmas if we could have one with pictures of fish and chip shops!

Bouba

Visit site
Yes but it will be skinny little sardine like creature served with those horrible limp French fries. In Grimsby you usually need 2 plates for a massive fillet of their finest haddock and the chips are proper chips fried in dripping, not that disgusting foreign olive oil muck
Only cod for me! Of course the fish n chips you grew up on tastes the best

Hooligan

Visit site
Off to Greece on Saturday before Boris puts it on the Amber + + list which could mean having to isolate for 7 and a half days with a test on the 30TH hour once returning, which may mean I am still in the queue in Heathrow! Nerdy civilized though - no need for a test and a simple locator form, although I was struggling to think what to put as presumably they don’t really want to know every bay I am planning to visit!!