Marina fees

diverd

Visit site
My boat was taken out of the water just before all this kicked off, planned to be out for a week or so, and i paid my marina fees in full as usual. Obviously and frustratingly the boat remains out of the water, and wont be going back in for some weeks, but so be it, far more important stuff going on at the moment and though i would really like to be able to use my boat i totally get why this is not possible. My take on things is the finances of the marina and harbour are really none of my business, and dont feel they have breached any rules, as when i paid my fees i did not feel they were restricting my boat use, its the government that are, and as such its not really fair to expect the marine to take the hit, as they were not restricting me.

Anyway, last week i received this email, and think this is a really good gesture -

"IMPACT OF COVID-19

We recognise that the current situation is putting unprecedented demands on many businesses and that the future is very uncertain. Our own business is not immune to this crisis and we are already experiencing significant impacts on all sectors of our operations.

We are doing all that we can to keep as many of our services and facilities open for business as possible, whilst complying with government restrictions and best practise.

For the Marina, the use of vessels for leisure sailing is not permitted by current restrictions. Berth holders can still access the Marina to check on their vessel and carry out essential maintenance, subject to adhering to social distancing protocols.

We are keeping our own response under regular review, but for now we will extend an offer for the payment of any outstanding berth rentals to be delayed for up to 3 months. In addition, we will provide a pro-rata credit in the berthing fee for the period up to 30th June 2020, whilst the lockdown is in force and prevents use of your vessel.

We hope you keep safe and well in the weeks ahead"

Anyway, i think this is really kind and reasonable way of dealing with the crisis, and note that they are also feeling the financial pressures, but have offered this to all Marina berth holders, and expect the credit will be applied to next years fees. No immediate refund, but a really nice gesture, i certainly appreciate it and though i have no intentions of moving my boat it certainly cements my plans to stay with the marina

cheers

Dave

Rappey

Visit site
Your answers are fine, your arrogance is the problem.
You should look at the way you communicate with other people. You can come across as very condescending in posts on other topics.
You often jump into threads to correct people but it's the way you do it that has led you to confrontations.
While your content is good across the forum you sometimes target the person posting rather than the topic leading to confrontation.
"Diesel fuel additive" is one such example, 26 harmonius informative postings, then you jump in and the first thing you post is sarcasm against an individual which served no purpose other than annoy that person ,and it did! He explained what he meant but you had to keep pushing . His final words to you were FO.
I have no wish to continue with this as it serves no purpose. I just ask you give a little more thought to how you speak to others.

Last edited:

Blue Sunray

Visit site
Your answers are fine, your arrogance is the problem.
You should look at the way you communicate with other people. You can come across as very condescending in posts on other topics.
You often jump into threads to correct people but it's the way you do it that has led you to confrontations.
While your content is good across the forum you sometimes target the person posting rather than the topic leading to confrontation.
"Diesel fuel additive" is one such example, 26 harmonius informative postings, then you jump in and the first thing you post is sarcasm against an individual which served no purpose other than annoy that person ,and it did! He explained what he meant but you had to keep pushing . His final words to you were FO.
I have no wish to continue with this as it serves no purpose. I just ask you give a little more thought to how you speak to others.

Oh dear

How sad

Never mind

If you do have no more questions, don't let the door catch you on the way out.

Last edited:

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Oh dear this corona virus sure is affecting people’s minds and attitudes.
Come on guys this forum has declined so much over the last year from back biting.

I have been on here from its incarnation ( I started on here under another name until 2007) I’ve read it all , those like me look how many good contributors have disappeared, many of them with very interesting posts.

Get a grip guys and enjoy this forum for what’s left, we are all frustrated we can’t use our boats or rally cars , I cannot see my sport coming back this year but I’m not falling out with people I’ve ever met about it .

For what it’s worth I am sure the other 2 marina companies will come up with some kind of recompense soon , I know one that’s getting pressure to do so.

Both the main 2 at the start of lockdown closed its doors to the likes of me , they have all relaxed entry to work on boats which will help with the mad rush when this is all over , I visit many marinas and I can truly say that not one has been obstructing me access to any boat at all.

I do take my hat off to D and R , let’s hope for your sakes the others follow suit , I cannot see the small independent yards being in any position to give anything back but you never know.

Keep smiling folks it won’t last forever .

chrisharris

Visit site
Oh dear this corona virus sure is affecting people’s minds and attitudes.
Come on guys this forum has declined so much over the last year from back biting.

I have been on here from its incarnation ( I started on here under another name until 2007) I’ve read it all , those like me look how many good contributors have disappeared, many of them with very interesting posts.

Get a grip guys and enjoy this forum for what’s left, we are all frustrated we can’t use our boats or rally cars , I cannot see my sport coming back this year but I’m not falling out with people I’ve ever met about it .

For what it’s worth I am sure the other 2 marina companies will come up with some kind of recompense soon , I know one that’s getting pressure to do so.

Both the main 2 at the start of lockdown closed its doors to the likes of me , they have all relaxed entry to work on boats which will help with the mad rush when this is all over , I visit many marinas and I can truly say that not one has been obstructing me access to any boat at all.

I do take my hat off to D and R , let’s hope for your sakes the others follow suit , I cannot see the small independent yards being in any position to give anything back but you never know.

Keep smiling folks it won’t last forever .
Totally agree Paul. Re getting out in our other forms of motoring pleasure I saw a post on another forum with a link to the Civil Aviation Authority guidance which said private flights were permitted for 'engine health' purposes, just wondering if we could get away with that one to be able to take cars out for a short spin ?

Reality61

Visit site
With every marina chain probably represented on this forum could we list what each have offered to berth holders to get a perspective and of course give us information at this difficult time.

MDL wrote a long email with lots of waffle giving us nothing now, but we are looking in to it. (All crane/lifting and non essential staff furloughed (FACT) so the tax payer is paying ) even though running costs are less and marina locked shut with all there fees in.
Dean and Reddyhoff have agreed to refund 50% of April's fees in the form of a credit for lifts or next years berthing fee, possibly May as well.
Premier have I believe written a similiar email to MDL with a similar we will look in to it.
Can we have reports from

Berthon
Yacht Havens
Darthaven
Dolphin Haven Poole
Port of Poole
Island Harbor
Mayflower Marina
Sutton Harbor
ETC ETC
Your help could benefit us all at some stage as this may well last for a while longer yet and although not the top of peoples priorities it may be in the months to come.
Be Safe all
Thank you in advance for your help

Blue Sunray

Visit site
With every marina chain probably represented on this forum could we list what each have offered to berth holders to get a perspective and of course give us information at this difficult time.

MDL wrote a long email with lots of waffle giving us nothing now, but we are looking in to it. (All crane/lifting and non essential staff furloughed (FACT) so the tax payer is paying ) even though running costs are less and marina locked shut with all there fees in.
Dean and Reddyhoff have agreed to refund 50% of April's fees in the form of a credit for lifts or next years berthing fee, possibly May as well.
Premier have I believe written a similiar email to MDL with a similar we will look in to it.
Can we have reports from

Berthon
Yacht Havens
Darthaven
Dolphin Haven Poole
Port of Poole
Island Harbor
Mayflower Marina
Sutton Harbor
ETC ETC
Your help could benefit us all at some stage as this may well last for a while longer yet and although not the top of peoples priorities it may be in the months to come.
Be Safe all

Good idea. I feel that it is worth pointing out, as indeed Premier have done, that their profits do go to medical research.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk

Can we have reports from

Berthon
Yacht Havens
Darthaven
Dolphin Haven Poole
Port of Poole
Island Harbor
Mayflower Marina
Sutton Harbor
ETC ETC
Be Safe all
I have heard nothing from Premier re refunds to berth holders just the one already on this thread re contractors and we will look after your boat etc .
If and only If Marina groups receive the support financially from the Government then there is no reason they should be in a position to hang on to the money , how the figure goes each berth holder is given will be a difficult decision , not one I’d like to be In as it won’t please everyone .
Has anyone heard how the RYA might voice there view on this ?

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Good idea. I feel that it is worth pointing out, as indeed Premier have done, that their profits do go to medical research.
I cannot see how all profit goes to the Welcome trust , Re development is the main priority looking at how much they must have spent at Swanwick in the past few years , which I am aware of is speculative to accumulate , later on by raising the cost of annual berths .

Blue Sunray

Visit site
I cannot see how all profit goes to the Welcome trust , Re development is the main priority looking at how much they must have spent at Swanwick in the past few years , which I am aware of is speculative to accumulate , later on by raising the cost of annual berths .

Sorry, poor accountancy. Delete 'profit' insert 'dividends'. (For which profit should, of course, be a pre-requisite).

Last edited: