LAYING DOWN SUPPER - the plan!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
The details!

(finally some of you might add!!!!!!)

OK...

We don't quite have enough of us to make it economical to book the private function room, so what I have arranged is for the entire area behind the bar (for those that are familiar with the Shipwreck at Shotley) to be made available to us, with reserved seating.

We also get the benefit that we can order a choice from either the restaurant or the bar menu, meaning that the price range will vary from a few quid for basic stuff through to ~£25 for some of the best meals on the restaurant menu.

For those familiar with the Shipwreck this season, you'll know that they have a new chef who has really made a differencre, with some excellent grub from simple but tasty burgers through to very good seafood dishes.

Timings are 19h30 to order. We don't need to pre arrange food which will make life a lot simpler, as long as we are prepared to accept a few extra minutes to prepare and serve (I felt this a good compromise to allow people choice, as well as keeping the organising simple).

I suggest we arrange to meet at about 19h00.

I have organised a club rate for people coming by boat... thus far I have the following:

Full Circle +1
MoodySabre +1
CentaurPipeDream +1
DTB +1
EastCoastBernie +1
Artemis +1

If you are coming by boat could you please pm me your boat length, boat name and your own surname, as it'll make things easy with the lock keeper. They have kindly offered a club rate of £1.85 per metre overnight.

On top of these boats, we have the following names:

Jomo +1
CliveG +1
Flipper
Chellers +1
Sixpence +1
Alim +1
EMNick +1
Morgana +3

I make that 29 people thus far, with 7 boats (inc me)... so the makings of a good night....

Could any additions/departures let me know, just so that I can keep the bar/restaurant informed?

I'll hasten to add that all are most welcome.... the more that turn up the merrier, and we are a friendly bunch that will always make an effort with 'newer' members. So please please feel free to join in....

Finally, apologies that this has been slow in coming.... i've been very very busy at work, and not had time to think.... we are now getting there though!

Cheers

Neil

MoodySabre

Visit site
Sounds good to me!

If the weather is OK then I shall proceed by boat with Mrs MS. If it is a bit iffy then she may decline a trip up a bumpy and cold Wallet (save me some grief) so I may be after a crew who are welcome to stay on board.

If we come on our own then crew are welcome. If no crew then a double berth is available in Shotley.

That seemed a bit complicated but you know what I mean hopefully. PM me.

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Thanks for organising this Neil. Choosing our own food sounds like a good plan to me. Let's hope 29 covers doesn't make it tooooo difficult for us to be served in a reasonable time.

We are planning to make the epic voyage from SYH to Shotley in the good ship Beyond Reason. If it's nice weather we'll be going the pretty route, if it's not we'll be motoring over in full foulies and thermals.

Beyond Reason is 25 ft. My surname is .... perhaps I should PM that.

CliveG

Visit site
Bernie

Yes, as long as you haven't sewn up that split in the side of your dress /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
Thank you kindly, we will be dribbling up from Burnham on Thursday evening or Friday morning.
Looking forward to it.

Webasto heating up one trouser leg.

MoodySabre

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has a spare bunk for the night

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if we get two in the aft cabin we could find you a settee - unless you'd rather not drink and then drive home /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Arrangements nearer the time

Jomo

Visit site
Hi Neil,

Mrs Jomo can't make it, I'm still working on a weekend pass. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If I can make it (and I'd very much like to ) I'd be begging for a berth. I promoise not to snore too loudly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I never lie /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
and I never lie /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you sleep standing up, why would you need a berth /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

If you sleep standing up, why would you need a berth /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes other people a little jumpy when I'm doing my Freddie Kruger impressions /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif