It was good while it lasted

Spyro

Visit site
I think we (the group near the coast) are about to get our arses kicked soon by.:(:( Bad luck with the weather I'd say. :(

Martin_J

Visit site
You're not still up (at this time in the morning!) watching the coast drift by are you... Boat speed 21 knots here but it feels a long way from land...

Martin_J

Visit site
One good thing Spyro (Booby_Trapper) is that you have got away from Trev by 2 miles in the last four hours...

Time for sleep.... There's still a long way to go..

Spyro

Visit site
You are looking to be in a very good position Alistairr. Not thinking about going away for a few days again? :rolleyes:

Pye_End

Visit site
I think we (the group near the coast) are about to get our arses kicked soon by.:(:( Bad luck with the weather I'd say. :(

Yep. perfect timing and forecast for screaming down the Atlantic. Originally thought they would spend a couple of days in sub 6kn wind speeds, but instead it looks as though they will be in Cape Town drinking the place dry well before we arrive.

tmh900

Visit site
I wonder where they got the weather info to determine their strategy. SOL weather showed non-favourable winds out there at the time they broke away on a westerly course (and that would only be a 7 day forecast). I've got a book on the Atlantic and it doesn't show any preferable prevailing winds out to the west (in fact the currents appear favourable down by the Canaries).

Spyro

Visit site
I wonder where they got the weather info to determine their strategy. SOL weather showed non-favourable winds out there at the time they broke away on a westerly course (and that would only be a 7 day forecast). I've got a book on the Atlantic and it doesn't show any preferable prevailing winds out to the west (in fact the currents appear favourable down by the Canaries).

I cant believe the way the weather is just filling in perfectly for them all the way to the mark. :mad:

Alistairr

Visit site
You are looking to be in a very good position Alistairr. Not thinking about going away for a few days again? :rolleyes:

Haven't had the chance to log onto SOL since Thursday am, and won't be until Monday pm, but my source informs me, Alistairr is running well.

Ssorry at the pub in Whiting bay at the moment and another pints just been put in front of me. Cheers

Al. :D

Alistairr

Visit site
Its a race to the mark, I was hoping me going west would make me the first YBW boat, but looking at Booby and mjm, there is a good chance its going to be one of them.

As I said previously, there's still a long way to go, and if I can finish in the top3 YBW'er, I'll be very happy.

Cheers
Al.

Last edited:

Spyro

Visit site
Its a race to the mark, I was hoping me going west would make me the first YBW boat, but looking at Booby and mjm, there is a good chance its going to be one of them.

As I said previously, there's still a long way to go, and if I can finish in the top3 YBW'er, I'll be very happy.

Cheers
Al.

There is a slight chance with us having a better angle but as I don't have a router I can't tell you when I'll be arriving at the mark. I reckon around 48 hrs from now. Which means I need to average 3.5 mph more than you for 2 days. Can't see it happening :(

Martin_J

Visit site
Alistair - It's going to be close at the mark...

There still seems to be a long way to go to Cape Town though... I'm sure the forecast for the coming week has changed. At one point there was going to be a nice following wind South then East.. Now it's predicting a beat all the way...
The joys! ybw_mjm

Alistairr

Visit site
YES YES YES. I finally made it too the mark first, a great birthday present to myself today!! :D:D
I am absolutely delighted with that, I honestly didn't think it would happen.
We're almost half way there, and it's still wide open.

I really can't see me winning this leg overall, I am not experienced as most in this race, but would be very happy to finish in the top5.

Good luck everyone.

Cheers
Al.

Dipper

Visit site
Al.

Please stop being so chirpy. It doesn't do the ego of us raggies any good. Especially me since I started going west with you then turned back to the coast.
shame.gif

Happy birthday!

Spyro

Visit site
Al.

Please stop being so chirpy. It doesn't do the ego of us raggies any good. Especially me since I started going west with you then turned back to the coast.
shame.gif

Happy birthday!

You and Trev I think. Hope my post didn't influence you (much) :eek: