issue with SOL at work - no weather

Whitelighter

Visit site
I can oad SOL at work, and the flash interface comes up, with my boat position and I can set a course with BS/VMG from the polar, but no matter how long I leave it the weather data never loads.

I might be able to play around with settings, but since the flash has loaded I dont know why the weather wont.

Where does the weather data come from? Having a 6 hour night shift tonight I thought it might give me the edge :)

Alistairr

Visit site
Thats pretty much the same problem I've had all weekend on my laptop at home.

Had to refresh the page several times to get the page to load, and it could take several minutes for it too load fully.

Cheers
Al.

sarabande

Visit site
yes, there discussion on sailtalk and I believe the servers are being changed. It seems to be much better this morning.

I think the the SOL people use realtime data (?US Gribs) so any site, even the Volvo one will give you info if the SOL one is out of action. nThe site SOL uses is

http://www.weathertech.se/

How's your Swedish ? :) (there is an English version, fear not !)

shaxi

N/A
Visit site
thanks ,great help !:)
g.php

Martin_J

Visit site
What version of flash player are you using. Right click on the SOL screen and it will show you the version. If you're not on 11.0.1.152 then left click 'About Adobe Flash Player' and it will take you to the download page.

Download and save to disk. Before you install it though I suggest you uninstall the previous version.. (I tried an install earlier and it stuck on loading the weather.... After uninstalling, rebooting and new install it's going like greased lightning!).

Uninstaller available at ... http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

New version and maps now scroll and zoom soooo smoothly - Did you also realise you can click and hold your mouse on the + or the - for zoom. New feature!

Martin_J

Visit site
I right clicked on the background then left clicked on the 'About Adobe Flash player 11.0.1.152' that appears as the bottom option on the menu.

Perhaps just going to the adobe website and downloading the latest version (and the uninstaller) will help..

I have both the netbook and the laptop on 11.0.1.152 now and they have improved for speed... although the boat goes no quicker!

Rgds ybw_mjm