Isle of Wight Festival

kmboxers

Visit site
Hi All

Just wondering how many are making the trip over in there boats to the Isle of Wight Festival and staying on their boats? We are and are staying at the Folly.....any others?

KevB

Visit site
Hi All

Just wondering how many are making the trip over in there boats to the Isle of Wight Festival and staying on their boats? We are and are staying at the Folly.....any others?

Yes, leaving tomorrow morning and staying on the folly. I'll put the forum bergee up if anyone wants to pop in for a beer.

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Had the pleasure of "Almost" catching the Red Jet at 1000 this morning (long story as to why I did not) plenty of kids swigging from larger cans already....Red Funnel doing their best to control them, there will be some sun burnt kids tonight.

KevB

Visit site
Had the pleasure of "Almost" catching the Red Jet at 1000 this morning (long story as to why I did not) plenty of kids swigging from larger cans already....Red Funnel doing their best to control them, there will be some sun burnt kids tonight.

Thankfully, out of the 70k that go most ain't kids although I do act like one :encouragement:

Elessar

Visit site
Well mixed reactions so far. Having paid nearly £600 to stay in the marina next to the festival site, they would only let us in through a gate a mile and a half away nearest to Newport. This was operator error by the festival organisers and has now been resolved.
We saw the struts and kodaline who were both fabulous. We then came back to move the boat from the folly and get through the lock.
After some grub we went back to see the prodigy and groove armada. It was raining and very very muddy by then so it was a shame that both were simply terrible. The prodigy was just expletive laden noise, and groove armada who do nice chill out music just did a techno racket. It was hideous.
So a stroll back in the mud and hopefully a better line up today.

Jurgen

Visit site
Well mixed reactions so far. Having paid nearly £600 to stay in the marina next to the festival site, they would only let us in through a gate a mile and a half away nearest to Newport. This was operator error by the festival organisers and has now been resolved.
We saw the struts and kodaline who were both fabulous. We then came back to move the boat from the folly and get through the lock.
After some grub we went back to see the prodigy and groove armada. It was raining and very very muddy by then so it was a shame that both were simply terrible. The prodigy was just expletive laden noise, and groove armada who do nice chill out music just did a techno racket. It was hideous.
So a stroll back in the mud and hopefully a better line up today.

It's not proper music like when I was a lad, there not even playing instruments or anything and why don't they have sensible haircuts and nice suit's pmsl

thecommander

Visit site
Pretty pathetic line up to be honest.

We went down the river last night and came straight back. Atmosphere on the river was good but we weren't going to dry out for 10 hours to watch Blur and Pharrell Williams.

KevB

Visit site
Were you wallowing in mud and sh!te Gary?

Very little mud and almost completely dry by Saturday afternoon. If it was a bit boggy the covered it up with straw. As ever, a fantastic festival and leaves all the others I've been to trailing by a large margin.

Roll on next year.

Elessar

Visit site
well we saw some other great stuff, we were right at the front against the barrier for James and the Lightning seeds, both were fabulous.
Saw some that disappointed too, especially paulo nuttini who I've seen plenty of times before.
Watched fleetwood mac from the river on the way home.

Good to see gary and crew for a beer on board evenstar on saturday night after the festival. He has a tale to tell, them making the news and all of that. But that's for him :)