Is it me or

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
No it\'s not.

Usually gets even quiter during Friday afternoon.

Somebody say something contentious ....please. I would, but I can't think of anything right now.

Magic

jimi

Visit site
Re: Everyone is tip toeing for some reason....

I think there's been a major stramash in the early hours, I can almost smell the blood and smoke .. but then it could just be my normal paranoia!

G

Well, what do you expect Jimi? We've had 3-4 ins of snow! Everything has to stop, including web surfing as presumably the net is severely disrupted as a result of the deluge.

Or maybe everyone's out sledging and building snowmen like I was this morning hehe :)

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: wakeup where are you???

no it is quiet

actually where is wakeup?????
he is usuaually good for a fight

say something disparaging about geordies or middlesborough

all people in north east are essentially scotsmen without the enterprise to make it further south

there you go.

Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

Forbsie

Visit site
HEY!! Hang on a minute!!

The Jocks never hung monkeys for spying, now did they?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/forbsie?&page=1>My Project</A>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: HEY!! Hang on a minute!!

no they probably ate them
the remains led to the invention of the sporren

ccscott49

Visit site
I'm here, well sometimes, been putside, for a bit, not reccomended, its effin' freezin' all the brass monkeys are well wrapped up!!

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
I\'m back

Having battled singlehandedly with the evil London Borough of Hounslow (which, despite knowing of the blizzard two days in advance had signally failed to get out its box full of grit and accompanying trowel, and had converted the streets to an ice rink), London Blunderground (points frozen, wooden rails, signal failures, staff can't get to work, etc) and a mad physio the rapist who insisted in filling me full of acupuncture needles.

And so to work. Something controversial eh?

I have it on good authority that Dubya is underendowed in the meat and two veg department. Hence his need to prove his manhood by other means such as drilling holes for oil, screwing Kyoto and getting a load of squaddies to beat up Sodding Insane.

Opinionated

Visit site
Well, I'm here !!

Just got back from a two-up crossing from Holland. Boistrous ride, snow, hail, bloody freezing and v. big waves. F7-8 much of the time, with some unmeasured puffs in between.

Question: who said adventurous sailing is dead, with all this GPS, Radar and stuff?

(I don't have to agree with YOUR opinions, but I'll defend your right to express them).

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
i must resist i must resisit ( sorry that unmeasured puffs bit is like a teed up golf ball)

bloody ell must have been some trip
what boat were you in?

Opinionated

Visit site
Vancouver 34. Seasick for first 10 hrs, but so was the skipper, so we had to do watch and watch. Third crew member, Mr Raytheon, did most of the steering so cowering behind sprayhood was the option. Even managed to nod on and off most of watch - lovely moon some of the time. But cold, very cold. After 10 hrs, just before dawn, seasickness started to go and dug out the thermos's we had left untouched all that time.

(I don't have to agree with YOUR opinions, but I'll defend your right to express them).

jimi

Visit site
Admire you, it must have been seriously cold with the wind chill. I took the dog out for a walk last night and it was bluidy bitter!