Votes: 275 50.8%
  • OUT

Votes: 266 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobc

Visit site
The rules have not been strictly enforced because it suits the business and political elite that they aren't. The little "down-trodden people" have no voice, and if they do make any complaints, the big businesses will either bribe or threaten them to shut up.

This situation has been deliberately created in order to 1./ falsly increse the country's GDP, 2./falsly increase the employment rate, and 3./ falsly increase company "productivity" (ie drive down costs).

Biggles Wader

Visit site
Enlighten us as how the little "down trodden people" will be better off post brexit,especially in the light of the recent trade union act that has just gone through parliament.Our entirely home grown legislation is far more repressive than anything elsewhere in the EU.

Bobc

Visit site
Perhaps 300,000 less unskilled Poles, Latvians, and Romanians might just help a bit.

It is the oversupply of unskilled labour that's causing the problem.

Kelpie

Visit site
The problem isn't the Poles, Latvians, etc.
The problem is that there is nobody of influence to make the case that migrant workers can suppress wages (and can lead to lowering of employment standards).
For employers, businesses, and country as a whole (talking GDP here) there is absolutely no economic case to justify reduced migration. And voting Brexit will not change that one bit.

Of course, for some businesses, migrant workers are the difference between viability and going under. Thinking in particular of fruit picking, fish processing, etc, where it can be nigh on impossible to get locals to do the work.

VO5

Visit site
Perhaps 300,000 less unskilled Poles, Latvians, and Romanians might just help a bit.

It is the oversupply of unskilled labour that's causing the problem.

Sure, and while that is going on, the indigenous people themselves are sleepwalking into slavery themselves by accepting the imposition of the authority of the EU over national laws, national aspirations, national customs, and national independence, for starters.

Euphonyx

Visit site
The easiest course for you to follow is to access the excellent discussions on the subject by very well informed individuals (who have done extensive research) who explain in simple language that anyone can understand in videos posted on YouTube, for example..[/QUOTE]

When I'm making any momentous decision in my life (such as decisions that could flush the financial security of my entire Nation down the jax) I find Youtube is an invaluable source of inspiration. Jayziz!!!

Daydream believer

Visit site
We also pay tax. So your point is...??
Youstated that you did not claim benefits of any kind
I was just pointing out that taxes are not a one way thing
I have no doubt that you may have made a contribution to the community & am not objecting to you being here
I do object to the suggestion that it might be all one way. That is all
I am sure that you have benefitted from the experience & from the country ( as we may have from you of course) so i hope you would not suggest that you have not.

GrahamM376

Visit site
Of course, for some businesses, migrant workers are the difference between viability and going under. Thinking in particular of fruit picking, fish processing, etc, where it can be nigh on impossible to get locals to do the work.

A couple of my Portuguese nephews went to the UK (young adults are Portugal's biggest export) looking for work. Both ended up driving vans for a food delivery company. I was talking to their English boss on day and asked why he had no English drivers as the pay was well over minimum wage. His reply was that the immigrants were more reliable and wanted to work whereas his experience of many English was they often couldn't be bothered getting out of bed on Mondays and would phone in supposedly sick.

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
A couple of my Portuguese nephews went to the UK (young adults are Portugal's biggest export) looking for work. Both ended up driving vans for a food delivery company. I was talking to their English boss on day and asked why he had no English drivers as the pay was well over minimum wage. His reply was that the immigrants were more reliable and wanted to work whereas his experience of many English was they often couldn't be bothered getting out of bed on Mondays and would phone in supposedly sick.

It must be painful to live with a RACIST attitude towards your fellow countrymen. Why not see a psychiatrist?

Tranona

Visit site
It must be painful to live with a RACIST attitude towards your fellow countrymen. Why not see a psychiatrist?

What is racist about that? You can make the same observation about migrants from any country to another - the main driver of migration is to work to get on in life. If you move from a country that has low pay, low standard of living and high unemployment to another country to take a job, not surprising you are keen on working.

Biggles Wader

Visit site

Who is being racist?GrahamM376 or his nephews boss whom he is quoting in the post.Either way I cant see a psychiatrist helping much or do you know something different?

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
What is racist about that? You can make the same observation about migrants from any country to another - the main driver of migration is to work to get on in life. If you move from a country that has low pay, low standard of living and high unemployment to another country to take a job, not surprising you are keen on working.

Absolutely right, this is why the Spaniards and the Greeks are employing young British men and women to work behind the bars because they work harder than the locals, they need the money as they dont have families locally to support them; this is turn creates competition, increases working ethics which is healthy for the economy and it brings diversity.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
The east europeans are doing good work picking vegetables and fruit. I can not see anyone from this country queuing up to do same job. It appears that the cost of food will be going up in a few months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.