Guess the boat

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Here's a bit of fun. What yacht is being described by this gentleman ?

The real deal, never a mind to creature comforts.

Like a shoe, a boat that looks right feels right.

Dances to the tune of the elements instead of muscling them.

Simple does not mean simplistic.

No computer could have drawn the lines of the "x", only people who
understand the connection between sea and boat.

A boat that will emphasize the ability of the sailor than the clout of
the wallet.

Convenience, comfort and speed are no guarantee of satisfaction and enjoyment.

Do away with clutter and see how wonderful simplicity can be.

It is telling us that not all of our life has to happen in the fast lane in order to bear excitement.

The "x" reminds us of the less is more approach.

Creature comfort was reduced to an afterthought. Where frugality is something that should be suffered because of the guilt.

Many of life's most enjoyable endeavors are not improved by haste.

Raw speed is not what it's all about as the seasoned mariners know. A satisfying sailing experience is a subtle sensation, and can't be measured in knots and degrees.

fredrussell

Visit site
Must admit, I’m not a wooden boat kind of guy but when I went on my friends 1950’s Folkboat I was sorely tempted to ‘cross the floor’. His has a bow sprit and cutter rig. With all three sails up it was truly something special. Not sure you can get that feeling from a GRP boat.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Must admit, I’m not a wooden boat kind of guy but when I went on my friends 1950’s Folkboat I was sorely tempted to ‘cross the floor’. His has a bow sprit and cutter rig. With all three sails up it was truly something special. Not sure you can get that feeling from a GRP boat.
You seem to get owners of wood switching to fibreglass. I don't remember many going in the other direction. :)

The writer of the Folk Boat Story , a boat builder, assume wood, mentions this.

"The wood philosophy advocates that time spent with your vessel is what counts, no matter for what reason.

Wood requires that romantic view of surrounding yourself with organic matter. It's hard to find a rational argument for owning and maintaining a wooden boat. "

Personally, I would love to own a wooden boat but have enough of a problem
maintaining old GRP boats.

Kelpie

Visit site
And Tranona switched a couple of years ago.
I could see myself downsizing to something like a wooden gaffer or folkboat as my 'old man boat'. But it would live in a shed for about nine months of the year.